My 93 RCSB build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o my bad. i thought the stock one was at least 120. dam tbi thats small. i got a custom wound one for my old 95truck like 200 or 250amp from my local alternator/starter shop that builds them. the way i see it you can never have to much power ;) but 600watts and normal options should be good for ya. my truck always pops the air pumps fuse if im at idle with my ac ON and my bass on medium volume. but i dont have my smaller overdrive pulley on my alternator. i figure its just from the voltage dipping and low idle.
if you want a cheap boost of power get a overdrive pulley for your alternator. it will just turn the alternator faster with the smaller pulley tho you might have to go with a belt alittle shorter if it slips any. i dont remember if i had to on my old tbi. i know my 97vortec does need the smaller belt for my tiny pulley.
the alt puts out more power about 1,5-2K rpms at idle its output can suck. the overdrive pulley just makes it turn faster than normal so its like reving up your motor about 1K rpms at idle for better output. just a option later on down the road if the 140 isnt enough would cheapest is to try one of those.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah u need a belt 1 in shorter. I just went threw it last week. Lmk if u need a part number. Mines charging at 2 more volts with the overdrive pulley. And it was only 12$ including shipping from summit
You must be registered for see images attach

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
you can also ask around on ebay or search for a billet one. i found a billet one off ebay it was like 30 or 35bucks shipped. it works great! smallest overdrive pulley ive ever found!

the gold and black ones are the same normal overdrive pulley. the shiny one is the billet smallest one ;)
i gotta put my billet one back on with a new belt.

they sure do help. and also kinda a cheater pulley at sound offs! ;) they say your not suposed to rev over 2K rpm during competitions with these its like cheating reving higher :)

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Got a few parts in today should have another load of stuff tomorrow.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
What's the 2 rolls there? Red and black....
Gotta love those welding terminals! Soldering them looks best but I've gotten lazy mylast few instals and just stuck them in my table vise to really crimp then tight. Works way faster and a lot better than using a hammer.lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look's like a good batch of part's, when I make batt cables, I dip the bare wire that will be in the terminal in flux then insert it in to crimp lug and crimp it down, and then solder it on, heat shrink it up and they last a long time!

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
What's the 2 rolls there? Red and black....
Gotta love those welding terminals! Soldering them looks best but I've gotten lazy my last few instals and just stuck them in my table vise to really crimp then tight. Works way faster and a lot better than using a hammer.lol

That's some heat shrink for the 4 awg wire. I got a buddy that has the actual crimper for those terminals so I am just gonna grab it and crimp all the ends then put the heat shrink on em.

Gonna try to work on getting my power run today and get my spindles off and get em to powder coat today or tomorrow. I'm not lookin forward to this next powder coating bill lol but it will be all worth it if it comes out half as good as I have it pictured.

Last edited: