My 93 RCSB build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Didn't want to post this in the fender thread to keep it on track for those seeking help with their inner fenders.

Anyways those that have been following that know I am relocating the battery to the tool box. The plan so far is to come off the battery in the tool box with the 4/0 into a ANL fuse holder(unsure on what size fuse to run on this main run?), then up to the engine bay to a 1 in/ 2 out distribution block, from the block one run of 4/0 to the new 140a alt I just ordered, the other 4/0 run will go to the starter, then piggy back off the starter to the truck distribution block on the firewall with some 4awg, does that sound like that should work pretty well?

Should I fuse the starter and alternator runs from the distribution block?

I also ordered some new stainless braided brake lines too. This engine bay is gonna be purdy lol.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Truck is looking good man! Im gonna have to read back a bit more to find out what tool box you have lol.

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
just a 140amp alt. id go with a 250amp or at least 200amp alt myself. i got a 250amp on my truck. it does real good with a smaller billet overdrive pulley i got. decent with normal overdrive pulley. eventually ill slap my billet pulley back on my alternator.
as to the alternator fuse i would go ahead and fuse it. i know that on vortec motors with the 180amp alt stock they have a fuse screwed onto the radiator shroud that is between the battery and alternator.
they make 300a fuses and i think 500a as well http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...atid=44&parid=5&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
i think 300amp would be enough to start the truck just fine. but if you can get the 500amp fuse id go ahead and get that. maybe even look for some circuit breakers if anyone sells one for real high amperage jus tbe sure its a good brand name. i havent had good luck with cheap circuit breakers. they work but the reset tabs always seem to break off on me so im stuck using some pliers to reset them if i discount them to do some wiring work. tho i think biggest they make is only 200amp but im not positive

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I yea I only went with the 140 since I'm fixin to be puttin the compressors on back up duty and running off the edc. I just have a small 600w amp for audio. I ordered a 300a for the main off the batt, 200a for the alt, and a 200 for the starter. Hopefully that will work pretty well and later on i might change out to breakers. That 140 alt will be a good upgrade over this baby 80a I got now lolz.