My 93 RCSB build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Got the a/c fixed yesterday and I just cleaned out my blower box and evaporator, heres the pile of crux that came out not counting what's in the vacuum.

You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of crap! I take it that it's cooling like you had hoped?

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea its cooling pretty good so far still seems like it could could be colder though only blowing about 50*

Nah, take the glove box liner out, pull the ecu out, then pull the blower.motor.

I used this write up. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=410384

May have to play with the charge on that one to make it cool the best. If they just put the same amount of 134a as the truck called for using 12, that may be part of the issue.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok I saw that before. I took my blower motor out once without removing anything but it. I was wondering though because I need to remove the ac thing insde that box. Guess I gotta undo the whole dash.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
May have to play with the charge on that one to make it cool the best. If they just put the same amount of 134a as the truck called for using 12, that may be part of the issue.

Yea that's what I am thinking too. I also used the suburban condenser which is a .5" thicker than the truck condenser, idk if that would make it call for more freon or not though.

Those seats came out of a 2001 and 2002 bonneville, we found out after we got em home its the wrong year for our trucks :( I think all 4 are going to end up in Keiths dually lol

ok I saw that before. I took my blower motor out once without removing anything but it. I was wondering though because I need to remove the ac thing insde that box. Guess I gotta undo the whole dash.

Yea to get to the evaporator you have to pull the dash. I would have like to replaced mine too but I was not gonna pull the dash without having a new one to replace it with since mine has some cracks. Whenever I get around to getting a new 93 dash or all the parts to do a 95+ I will replace the evaporator and the heater core while the dash is it out.

In other news we had a small carshow in town this weekend I think there was like 80-90 entries and I took home 2 awards one for best airbags and a top 25. These are the first things the ol 94 has won pretty cool and surprising lol.

You must be registered for see images attach