Need some opinions if possible please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I have a 98 two-door Tahoe four wheel drive with the 5.7 with 342 gears on 33s. Since I've straight piped the vehicle I've noticed a sputter. Which now now thinking about it the way the truck acted it's been doing this for a long time. when you're at a coasting throttle gaining slow speed between 25 and 45 mph or 2000 to 3000 RPM. To me it sounds like air or fuel it doesn't sound like it's spark. But it will start to pop and almost hesitate like it's getting too much fuel or not enough or vice versa with air and as soon as you step on it it clears right out and the bald eagles she has let loose.start screaming.lol and I have no check engine code before it was parked due to other issues I had a bank sensor one catalytic system code only for a few days and it cleared itself out. I've replaced throttle positioning sensor crank positioning sensor plugs wire cap rotor and coil pack fuel pump fuel filter fuel line fuel tank. and made no difference. I've been told my injectors may be the cause or I have an intake leak what I do know is I did go to the car wash the other day and cleaned my engine bay and it seemed to make The sputter worse and now I'm noticing that when it's humid or rainy out it seems to run more like s***. I did order injectors and oxygen sensors do you guys recommend me changing out the lower intake gaskets while I'm doing the injectors it's only four more bolts. I've just never had a sputter/misfire like this and not have a consistent code or a flashing light so it's kind of throwing me off and I've stuck a lot of money into this truck far I just can't find the issue. From what I can hear I have no knocks the motor seems to sound really good and if I'm in the throttle and driving it aggressive it don't miss a beat or sputter but as soon as I stop at a stop sign and try to get up to 35 and stay at 35 it'll like cut in and out and start popping and almost sound like a couple cylinders are cutting in and out but like I said no check engine code is anybody ever heard and know what could cause this I appreciate any advice.thanks I'm a dad who supports four kids and a wife and three others on child support so I'm not made of a whole lot of money and my normal mechanic retired and the last two I've taken the truck to have ripped me off so I have trust issues trying to find a reputable mechanic who is able to diagnose it and charge me for the work he put in and not overcharge and rip a guy off like a lot of places seem to do these days,