Mpfi upgrade reviews.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Geez but this has been hard to research. Amazon is out. Good reviews or not, there's way way too much negativity to consider anything there. I won't trust the name brand parts to not be counterfeit. The higher priced gear seems to all Chinese sources. SmP etcetera. Motorman sounds legit, but where are their parts souced. Ugh. Dang but I miss the days of good, better, best. I'd love to find a data base of real world results. Having a sticky for first hand results would be great.

JohnZ71

Z71 Tahoe Enjoyer
Reaction score
I’m on my 4th-5th injector assembly now. One was Delphi, ACdelco, the others are house brand. Using a house brand currently…

It’s a shame, it’s hard to get quality parts now. I’d much rather use any NOS part over most modern parts.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Geez but this has been hard to research. Amazon is out. Good reviews or not, there's way way too much negativity to consider anything there. I won't trust the name brand parts to not be counterfeit. The higher priced gear seems to all Chinese sources. SmP etcetera. Motorman sounds legit, but where are their parts souced. Ugh. Dang but I miss the days of good, better, best. I'd love to find a data base of real world results. Having a sticky for first hand results would be great.
I've had great luck with the AC Delco unit. I've got 80k miles on it and its been perfect. They are not the easiest thing to install, and its easy to damage it. I recommend that it be 65deg or more outside if you are going to do this. The fuel hose doesn't like to move or bend. The warmer the better. Also, spray the crap out of the back side with silicone spray to work the o-rings. If you just try to slap it in, you might end up damaging an o-ring or fuel hose. Man... if GM had only used their marine intake MerCruiser used. We wouldn't have these problems!

98_SLE_98

Reaction score
I’m on my 4th-5th injector assembly now. One was Delphi, ACdelco, the others are house brand. Using a house brand currently…

It’s a shame, it’s hard to get quality parts now. I’d much rather use any NOS part over most modern parts.
What issues do you run into with them?

JohnZ71

Z71 Tahoe Enjoyer
Reaction score
What issues do you run into with them?
One shorted out, popping the ecm fuse. One started dumping excess fuel, filling a cylinder with enough gasoline to hydrolock. One had a sticky injector that would cause misfiring at hot idle.

The one I’m using now is trouble free for over a year now though I’m sure it’s on borrowed time. I hate them. Lol.

98_SLE_98

Reaction score
Ah I see, I'm in the middle of going through my engine, and thought about installing one of the mpfi units since I have everything apart

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It’s a shame, it’s hard to get quality parts now. I’d much rather use any NOS part over most modern parts
Which house brand?

John DeWitt

Reaction score
I did the conversion around 7-8 years ago, & I'm glad I did. As mentioned, warm the whole injector assembly up to make the lines more malleable. Sit them in the sun on some concrete, or whatever....it makes all the difference. Q-tips & brake cleaner, swab the injector ports clean, some type of actual spray lubricant on the o-rings as also mentioned makes seating easier. While its open, degreaser & shop towles to clean the intake. Or, do what i did & let the upper intake set in a rubbermaid plastic container for a week filled with a cocktail of initialy hot water, degreaser, brake cleaner, purple power & dawn dish soap. After rinsing it all that goo came right off & looked brand new. I too drilled through forums, reviews, etc. trying to decide if the savings of a lesser brand name would be worth while....at the time, most everything I found was a massive NOPE. So, I pet my wallet like it was a final goodbye to my old dog at the vet & spent the $$$ on the AC-Delco brand. To this date 0 issues, & in hindsight given the work involved I'm glad I didn't go aftermarket (I'm really not a diehard OEM guy, I'm not scared to venture away from stock like some), but it's just not a job I wanted to do again. On a few occasions, OEM is just safer even if it costs a bit more.