Mpfi upgrade reviews.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I’m using now came from Napa…whatever they carry. I’m convinced they’re all junk tbh.
NAPA's house brand is Echlin.

Echlin is owned by Standard Motor Products as one of their subsidiaries like Blue Streak, BWD, GP-Sorenson, Belden, and a dozen more.

https://www.smpcorp.com/en/our-company/brand-grid

So unless it's explicitly branded something else, you can pretty much guess that a NAPA electrical part is going to be from the SMP family.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well tomorrow I'll pull the trigger on the Motorman unit. I had a couple of questions and they were very prompt with the answers on ebay. It'll fit the original bracket if that helps anyone.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not hearing much, if any bad reviews on the Acdelco or the Delphi. Suks and not doubting your experience, but I always follow threads on them just to get feedback.
I ran a Delco/Delphi made unit for years that was made in 2006. I also ran an AUS Injection 48# unit on my 383 that performed flawlessly. I am reasonably certain that Delphi discontinued their replacement when GM stopped buying it as an AC Delco replacement as well. Both are discontinued from what I have seen. If you find an AC Delco or Delphi unit anywhere now it is an NOS unit or a knock off as they are no longer made new. Standard Products also had a decent unit at least the last one I installed a couple of years ago was. The older Standard Products ones were Delphi though, so hard to say if the newer ones will be.

Edit- I also just looked on RockAuto and even the Standard Products unit is no longer listed on their site. Crazy as it seems to me, it might be an impossible thing to get in a very short period of time. Might be time to find a different intake manifold that will accept external injectors. I have noticed the aftermarket is discontinuing all kinds of EFI SBC manifolds as well.

I also noticed last night that the Lunati hydraulic roller lifter set I have is also discontinued and it was one of the only ones that Lloyd Elliot flat out told me were not giving him problems in new builds. WEIRD, especially considering those fit LS engines as well.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The newer SMP’s use a different metering valve than the Acdelco’s, the part #’s are different, but they still use the Delphi fuel injector’s.
If you go to Acdelco.com and enter part #217-3029, it still directs you to your local GM dealership. It’s saying they have one locally…for $606.00. That still might not be accurate though.
You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The newer SMP’s use a different metering valve than the Acdelco’s, the part #’s are different, but they still use the Delphi fuel injector’s.
If you go to Acdelco.com and enter part #217-3029, it still directs you to your local GM dealership. It’s saying they have one locally…for $606.00. That still might not be accurate though.
You must be registered for see images attach

GM parts giant shows it discontinued under the 89060440 number that the dealership would look it up under.

Also, definitive proof for what I have been saying for years on these injectors. The PCM needs to be reprogrammed to run them correctly. AC Delco themselves have it on their site.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like 5.0 motorsports list a remanufactured unit that is a genuine Delphi/Delco upgrade unit. Probably remanufactured by AUS since I know 5.0L sells the AUS units as well or atleast sold them previously. $100 core charge on it though.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reprogramming required listed on that listing. EPA must have busted GM for doing a non-certified injector replacement. All calibrations and parts replacements have to be re-certified for GM to sell them as emissions compliant and the MPFI upgrade kit throws the stock programmed fueling out of the window. Probably the whole reason that kit was discontinued anyway. Rather than spend money to correct the calibrations and re-certify, cheaper to just quit making the part.