May be premature or really late...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blancohippo

Reaction score
Started my veture into the full-size scene with my cclb 98 k3500 dually about two years ago...picked it up for a decent deal and immediately started scouring for parts to bring her back to life (and then some)...plan originally was to do a 6" lift, 2" body with 24" custom cut alcoas on 37's...got started into that and my OCD kicked in with every little minute thing driving me crazy...fix this and find that, find that and see another thing wrong or hacked...vicious cycle of damages and fixes it seemed...i lost interest in it while working 6 days 12-14hrs at a time so it just sat...and sat...and sat...

Long story short, i started parting it out and then decided halfway thru doing so that i wanted to bag and bodydrop it...sold 90% of the stuff i had acquired for the lift, suspension and wheels/tires to get bags and start getting parts for the links and all that...fast forward another year and here we are May/June of this year and again...sick of seeing it sit again for over a year, i started parting the rest of it out...got the whole truck almost completely torn apart and sold off and then a big ole bird came and **** all over my parade float!!!...in a good way i think...a little prelude to the bird and its defecation on my plans to get rid of it...seems my youngest spawn has wanted a car/truck of his own now that he is old enough to get his license and start driving on his own...so while mine sat and sat, i was looking for something for him to drive...found a really clean one-owner '01 s10 and scooped it up...mind you this child has been going to car and truck shows since he was in a baby carrier with ZERO showing of interest in the scenes...basically i drug him along because i wanted/had to in hopes maybe he would fall in love with it like i did...well, id say three weeks into having the truck in the driveway, he chimes up at the dinner table, "i think i wanna slam the s10"...i lost my **** (not really but youll see why i say that in a sec)...i went off on a tirade about all the minis and pocket-rocket turbo cars ive had and yada yada and he never once said anything about wanting or liking any of it...ive dumped THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS into my cars and trucks over the years and after getting rid of 90% of my truck part and all the tools i had acquired to build them, he decides he wants to slam/bag his truck...:rolleyes::nono: (hidden happy dad moment)...so here we are now...got a 4wd framed truck that is being turned into a bagged and bodied family hauler...

Now, buying tools nowadays is not nearly as cheap as it was 15-20 years ago so ive had to start re-amassing them to help him get his project/daily p and going as well as mine that's been a driveway ornament for the past two/three years...his is still getting the basic workthru on maintenance and general revamping to get it super reliable and safe for my kiddo to cruise in...mine is a little more in-depth and torn down...ill get some pics in the morning to show its current state of affairs but its almost scrapyard fodder...to most in my neighborhood, its junk but i have a vision...they dont see it yet

plans:
2wd frame clip swap (hacked my 4wd frame into 2ft sections and its now in the bed of my Ram to go to the scrapper)
full frame from firewall back using 4x4 .250 wall tubing...will be semi rod/nascar style configuration with bracing in and outside the main rails
notched to lay on 24" semi wheels with 255/30's...
cab and chassis axle swap to narrow the width in the back
rear disc swap
flatbed (regular and dually beds just dont look as cool as a flatbed sitting 0" off the ground!!!)
383 or LS (havent decided but i want power to move the heavy *****)
4L80E (not racing it, so low and slow works for me)
full custom interior with buckets front and back
full length center console with two 10's for some bump
*** huge flush mount, two panel polycarbonate moonroof ***
all clear windows (have all four, brand new door glass already) just need a clear back window

blancohippo

Reaction score
here's the dime we got for my son...camper is sold (he didnt like it)...his plans are to get some nicer wheels and bag it...keep it simple but low and daily it to school for the next two years until he graduates high school...

You must be registered for see images attach

blancohippo

Reaction score
here is the dually about two weeks ago...its been stripped to bare cab and no frame now...gathered a lot of oem parts the past few years to replace the superficial stuff like door handles, cab lights, rear brake light, etc...stuff that needed to be replaced due to age or wear but stuff i wanted OEM and new, not aftermarket...i did get some stuff to update/improve the overall aspects of some things tho...Endurapin door pins and bushings, hood struts instead of the coil springs, etc...

blancohippo

Reaction score
picking up a 2wd frame this weekend to get the front stub ready to start making plans for the bodydrop and bags...talked to Phat Phabz this morning about their front arm kit for the 3500 and have plans to order that as soon as i get some 2A stuff sold (thinking Slam RE8's front and RE7's in the rear)...also found a cab and chassis rearend locally, so ill be grabbing it too this upcoming week...possibly do a Lugnut4x4 rear disc conversion while i have it out of the truck...already have some DOM tube from the original link build i was going to do, so that's a plus...

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...also found a cab and chassis rearend locally, so ill be grabbing it too this upcoming week...
Isn't the cab and chassis rear end narrower than a dually? I could be mistaken, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

Or do you have something wacky in mind for a narrower (allegedly) rear end?

blancohippo

Reaction score
The gmt800 14b 11.5 AAM in the regular duallys had discs. Did the c&c's also get disc?
im not sure about the newer body c&c rearends...the older c&c rears are almost a foot narrower with drums and for a flatbed truck, i want to tuck the wheels as far in as i can to mitigate the fat ass it would have to make the bed wide enough to cover the wheels on a regular axle...