Max crank, only gained 1''

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Does anybody think im doing this wrong? here's what im doing:

-lifting the front end of the truck up
-cranking the bolts to the right to raise it
-turn both sides the even amount
-lowering the wheels back onto the ground

anything im missing??

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope, that's exactly how you do it, raise until the tires are off the ground, righty tighty them bolts, your choice of turns, doing both the same regardless is good no matter how they are, then lower, drive, and if satisfied alignment ASAP.

my ps only went 3 turns and is maxxed yet me ds has 3 turns or so left, so yea same amount on both is good.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
I took some pictures... i drove it around and it got noticeably higher... im starting to think having 2 different tires is why the front end isnt as high as the rear.... definitly not keeping these tires so dont think i am lol.. im going to get 33's. here are some pics... i wish the front end was a little higher..

You must be registered for see images attach

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
front end is lacking about an inch and a half... which i can easily adjust by tweaking with all the tire pressures

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
will your shocks allow an inch and a half more crank to them, i doubt tire pressure is your issue unless they leak, which they should soon be replaced per your last thread.

we just did aftermarket keys and 1 ton bars on my friends 98 and we got about 3.5 inches out of his keys and bars, his bilsteins said they could accept 3-4 inches of lift but they didnt and locked in place making a very rough unshocked ride.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we just did aftermarket keys and 1 ton bars on my friends 98 and we got about 3.5 inches out of his keys and bars, his bilsteins said they could accept 3-4 inches of lift but they didnt and locked in place making a very rough unshocked ride.

1 ton bars would make a 1/2 ton ride pretty rough anyways...that much cranking certainly didn't help things tho