Information transmission part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phr0stByte

Reaction score
I bought what was told to me as a 1994 4l60e automatic transmission. But it wasnt quite the same as my old ones. The shift linkage transmission armature was longer by about a half inch than any of my previous ones. As well as having a electronic something attached too. Curious if anyone can explain what the electronic thing is and why the armature is longer. Ive attached a picture of the electronic component in question. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6499.jpeg
    IMG_6499.jpeg
    553.3 KB · Views: 10

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Not from a 1994. That's 1995-up. Not directly compatible with a 1994 truck if that's your goal.

The part you're looking at is the range switch; it combines the park/neutral safety, reverse light switch, and sensor for the gear indicator LED's on the cluster all into one unit. The shaft coming out of the transmission is longer to accommodate this switch as it sits between the transmission case and the shift linkage.

A picture of the part, unbroken, may help shed some light (yours is broken) -

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:rotflmao: