Ignition key chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My module mite be going bad; i only get it with headlites on , key in/door open. No seatbelt chime and no long chime with key “on”

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
My module mite be going bad; i only get it with headlites on , key in/door open. No seatbelt chime and no long chime with key “on”
My seat belt detect wire fell off at the switch in the buckle itself. So not necessarily a bad module.

SR104

Reaction score
The slow chime ONLY occurs if the seat belt is NOT engaged when you first turn the key on.

The switching for the Camaro seat belt differs from the GMT400 trucks. On GMT400s, seat belt not engaged, open circuit. Belt engaged, closed circuit. CAMAROS ARE THE OPPOSITE. Try engaging the seat belt before turning the key on and see if it chimes then.
Just tried, unfortunately not the case for mine, but my seat belt buckle that goes through the bench seat has no wiring going through it so maybe that’s why.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
That’s the idea I had, was there a different chime module used in this video?
I do not know what chime module is being used in this video I was just searching and found it if you play the video over on youtube instead in the thread maybe some one might have cemented what one it is or maybe the poster left it in the description