Tire size for stock 1996 z71 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riverthatguy

Reaction score
Just got of 17’s I’ve been wanting and want to fit as big a tire I can without trimming/tearing up my truck. I’m okay with the valence being deleted/trimmed. Also just interested in y’all’s trucks and how they sit and what they are sitting on. Thanks in advance fellas.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 265/70 will be close to stock height. With a lil crank should be able to run 285/70.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RPO option tag has the tire size installed from factory. Is the door jam size and inflation tag still there?

Riverthatguy

Reaction score
The RPO option tag has the tire size installed from factory. Is the door jam size and inflation tag still there?
Yeah 245/75r16. I’m running 275/55r20 right now (how I bought her) the wheels I bought came with 285/70/r17. Hopefully going to try a test fit tonight

Riverthatguy

Reaction score
Just got of 17’s I’ve been wanting and want to fit as big a tire I can without trimming/tearing up my truck. I’m okay with the valence being deleted/trimmed. Also just interested in y’all’s trucks and how they sit and what they are sitting on. Thanks in advance fellas.
The 285/70r17 fit fine. 0 rubbing. I think the keys were turned up by previous owner, she squats a tad. Let it be known to anyone in the future that these tires are worn down a bit. I put the ones with the most tread in the front. I’ll be buying brand new ko2s in this size and I’ll let yall know if they still fit without trimming.