Ignition key chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Unrelated, but that buzzer sounds exactly like the one in my brother’s 1994 dodge ram, perhaps they’re similar which would be a lot easier to find than a Squarebody buzzer?
yeah we have a 95 ram as well with the same buzzer I have no idea if one of them could be swaped in a gmt400 or not

SR104

Reaction score
yeah we have a 95 ram as well with the same buzzer I have no idea if one of them could be swaped in a gmt400 or not
Beats me, I can’t even figure out my own door buzzer/chime when it seems others have pulled it off just fine… I’m still hanging onto the theory of having messed up something with the key cylinder itself.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
You should have a seat belt light indicator in the instrument cluster, too. It should light immediately on key-on if the seat belt is not connected. Should be two black wires going into the driver side buckle...One in, one out. If it's cut, detached, or simply not present, the slow chime won't happen with the seatbelt unplugged and the ignition turned on.

Hope that helps!

SR104

Reaction score
You should have a seat belt light indicator in the instrument cluster, too. It should light immediately on key-on if the seat belt is not connected. Should be two black wires going into the driver side buckle...One in, one out. If it's cut, detached, or simply not present, the slow chime won't happen with the seatbelt unplugged and the ignition turned on.

Hope that helps!
Only just now checked the forum and saw this.

That’d make sense since my truck is from a guy that goes down south and combines multiple trucks with good parts to make a complete and running one, was told this is what they call a ‘mutt’.

Thanks for the tip, I plan to replace the carpet soon so when I do that I’ll check out what’s going on, but I do vividly remember there is absolutely no wire going into the seatbelt buckle… I wonder how I could fix that since there may be no wires for a head start underneath either… this tiny little thing is gonna haunt me for years I’ll bet.