Howdy, machinist by trade, jack at mechanics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big bird

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from PA. I know these older trucks can be a bit of a pain to keep going sometimes, but at least we can fix them!
What part of PA are you moving to?
I'll second the call for pics of the tools!
Latrobe area. Close to the big city, Pittsburgh, but still have deer sitting in my new backyard.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'm tired of the heat. 90's temps and 90's humidity 8 months a year are less than fun. Like being slapped with a hot wet blanket when you walk outside.
Yup I need to do several things to my crew cab, and my Suburban has been sitting since January. Maybe next week when I'm off work a couple days? And I agree, the Southern heat/humidity is brutal. One of the local weather men calls it "air you can wear".

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from southern Virginia!

Sounds like you have a nice shop planned.

Speaking of Starrett, this is one of my very favorite tools, which I acquired when I had the good fortune to work as a trim carpenter:

You must be registered for see images attach
I always wondered what they looked like before they grew up.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latrobe area. Close to the big city, Pittsburgh, but still have deer sitting in my new backyard.
Cool,a fellow machinist. I've got a 12" Atlas/Clausing that was made in the 50's. It's a nice tight machine with good ways.
You'd laugh at my milling machine. 1920's Columbia power feed drill press with a Palmgren mill table. Friggin thing weighs close to 1000lbs. Works pretty good but I'm limited to about .050" DOC on steel.
Sounds like you'll have plenty of venison this winter.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from the loan star. Sounds like you have it handled on your end. Glad you're not around here I believe we went 103 today but theres always tomorrow

Lone: 1. Single.
Loan: To allow to borrow, like property or money.
Lone star: nickname of Texas, state flag, etc

Loan star? I'm confused. Or you are...
Inside joke? Please explain