Crazy acting oil pressure gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Yup I want to install one eventually. Dad had them on our squares. How much of a PITA is it to do on a 5.7 Vortec?

it is going to be a tight fit but if it was me and I wanted to add a mechanical gauge I would put a t in the block where the adapter goes for the oil switch screw in the adapter and the sensor and a line for a for a gauge put a hole in the firewall to run the line and install the gauge

IBaGunner41

Reaction score
I still have the same problem. I replaced stuff and added a mechanical gauge. While the mechanical is fine I hate having a fluctuating gage. Im still going to take my cluster apart. I haven't got back to it yet but since my mechanical works its not a big issue. I have superlube when I pull the air-motor out. This year they have air-motors (so im told) and not the stepper motor. Now this is stuff that I found on the forums . Now just the other day I had a guy tell me that there is a screen in the gage that is probably crusted? When I take the cluster apart I will look and let ya'll know.