Help me out here please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
600 bucks is a lot of money......but if you dont have the time/tools/experience to do it, you pay for convenience. My buddies Neon blew a head gasket, yeah its the "fancy" turbo Neon, and the shop charged him damn near $2K.....I nearly fainted as Ive done a few 4 cyl head gaksets and theyre too easy. 2000 bucks to replace an 80 dollar part is ridiculous in my books but thats what he gets for being lazy. Good to hear your trucks back on the road.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking it might have been your heater hose that's if your year engine runs a heater hose by the A/C compressor and intake check to see if they just replaced your heater hose. I don't trust shops they say it's a bigger job just to screw one over.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I bought the hose and easier intake fitting for heater hose, and they put it on, they also gave me a free thermostat and put that on there, which means they also fixed that jimmy rigged wire nut job I did on the ECM ground wire thats on the thermo housing stud. They changed my oil and filter, fixed that broken bolt from intake, and flushed radiator and filled it up.

They quoted me $585 and had to do tons of extra work, labor itself was $455.00, so they weren't happy about the quoted price lol.

They do good by me, I'm not used to having my temp guage being at 195, usually it was at 155 degrees, I was kinda scared at first when it went to 195.

Feels like it accelerates faster now, probably from the seafoam.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, glad you are happy with it. Sounds like who ever runs that shop learned rule 1 for owning a shop, make customers happy.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 160' stat because of my chip my temp stays low as well not unless it's super hot here in Houston and im stuck in traffic.