Help me out here please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I noticed my anti freeze was low at work, So after work I drove to Advanced Auto (10 miles from work) for coolant, as I was getting there, my truck hit 260 degrees, for those of you unaware, that's as hot as the temp gauge goes.. Well I turned the heat on high and got there. Opened hood and looked around, I heard a lot of sizzling coming from the heater hose fitting right on the intake manifold, so I figured the quick disconnect failed like they are known for. I go inside and ask, the guy comes out and looks and agrees. I bought a 4' section of 3/4 hose and a simpler and easier fitting for heater hose, the regular nipple thing where the hose slides over and you clamp it, no quick disconnect shenanigans. I also bought a jug of anti freeze, and poured that in at the parking lot, I took it easy home and the temp remained a little below 210 like usual, and about 5 miles from home it rose to 210.

I pulled in the garage and heard the sizzling again, look around, got under my truck and there was anti freeze all over my steering linkage and steam coming up behind alternator.. My heater core hose wasn't leaking at all. I'm boggled, what could it be!?!? Maybe the return line on radiator? the radiator isn't leaking. All the anti freeze is coming out from the passenger side of engine.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
water pump leaking maybe?

when mine was leaking it was wet everywhere from being slung around by the fan and belt but was very wet from the water pump and down on the front of the motor

Reaction score
Id try drying off the area, then let it run and watch it with a flash light.. Its sprayen out of something..

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With 215,000 miles, how many times has your intake gaskets been done?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I bought the truck with 195k miles on it and have only put on a thermostat gasket, alternator, and air filter. I haven't touched anything else on engine, except oil filters and that jazz.

I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow after work. Heat works in the truck, occasionally when its really cold and I start my truck, the HVAC blower doesn't work until I hit a hard bump, then it comes on.

I really appreciate all of your feedback.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is the bypass hoses and if there not leaking get a pressure tester and check all the lines and connectors If you do this test i would pull the alternator to get a better view

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
The shop will find out, they are quick and good. I just hate pouring another $10 jug of coolant in for a 7 mile trip when it's going to piss out.