Head scratcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Warped manifold? I'm sure you tightened the manifold bolts from the center out. Is that a new manifold? I had to toss a factory aluminum manifold off an 86 Firebird when the guy melted the motor.

Probably more along the lines of the gasket shifted when I installed the manifold. It was heavy cast iron manifold, in an ackward place to install and I was still weak from having Covid when I installed it.

Now it makes me wonder if I have been blaming the camshaft for a drivability issue that has possibly been an intake gasket leak all along.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it seems the above Dordrecht, Netherlands-based "Lubrication Engineers" aka "Lubrication Equipment" is an offshoot of Wichita, Kansas USA-based "Lubrication Engineers".

LE products are Not found on typical Retail oil shelves in USA. Here in USA, LE products are primarily supplied to commercial and industrial markets; not retail.

I'm confident in saying the typical Retail oil customer is USA has little to no practical experience or knowledge of Celsius or Centigrade temperature scales.
However, same USA Retail customer is quite familiar with Fahrenheit temperature scale And he/she is also familiar with SAE oil weight ratings.
Moreover, that same USA Retail customer is Not accustomed to routinely converting from Celsius to Fahrenheit and is Not interested in doing so. I can and do make such conversions; but it's Inconvenient. I'm also confident that's not likely to change anytime soon; not for myself or for most USA Retail buyers.
Thus, the above LE conversion chart would have little to no positive impact on USA Retail buyers.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it seems the above Dordrecht, Netherlands-based "Lubrication Engineers" aka "Lubrication Equipment" is an offshoot of Wichita, Kansas USA-based "Lubrication Engineers".

LE products are Not found on typical Retail oil shelves in USA. Here in USA, LE products are primarily supplied to commercial and industrial markets; not retail.
You might be the first person on this forum I've encountered who is aware of LE.
I'm confident in saying the typical Retail oil customer is USA has little to no practical experience or knowledge of Celsius or Centigrade temperature scales.
However, same USA Retail customer is quite familiar with Fahrenheit temperature scale And he/she is also familiar with SAE oil weight ratings.
Moreover, that same USA Retail customer is Not accustomed to routinely converting from Celsius to Fahrenheit and is Not interested in doing so. I can and do make such conversions; but it's Inconvenient. I'm also confident that's not likely to change anytime soon; not for myself or for most USA Retail buyers.
Thus, the above LE conversion chart would have little to no positive impact on USA Retail buyers.
No conversion required. Only two temperatures are cited and in each case given in both C and F.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was heavy cast iron manifold,
Is this a carbed motor? Yeah, probably not warped.
Now it makes me wonder if I have been blaming the camshaft for a drivability issue that has possibly been an intake gasket leak all along.
Kinda looking that way huh. You still have that short pushrod issue right?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The intake will only be flowing air as the fuel is injected at the tip of the intake runners.
It will still be down on low speed power compared to a dual plane, but I am acyually trying to delay peak VE to a higher rpm and thus reduce cylinder pressure a bit at lower rpm.