Going to hydraulic roller cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhhhpooo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
cam shaft and lifters now
I can most likely find a good price for a lifter set but I can not pick a cam for you that is up to you know what you want and what your application is there is no cam that is good at every thing do you want to tow/haul/pull or do want street performance with a hint of race or do want some thing for offroad what ever you pick you will require tuning most likely also you need to watch how much lift the cam has our you will need to upgrade your valve springs

uhhhpooo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can most likely find a good price for a lifter set but I can not pick a cam for you that is up to you know what you want and what your application is there is no cam that is good at every thing do you want to tow/haul/pull or do want street performance with a hint of race or do want some thing for offroad what ever you pick you will require tuning most likely
factory vortec cam, so i don’t have to tune it i found one on summit it’s not factory but idk if it would work with no tune, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-8800

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or go to a Treasure Yard, buy a broken Vortec engine for $50, and get everything you need. Disassemble the lifters ONE AT A TIME for cleaning. Wash everything else, too.

I bet even the timing set will be good enough to re-use. I re-used the timing set from my Treasure Yard short-block. When I degreed the cam, it was within one degree of spec.

You MIGHT need to buy the "other" thrust plate, depending on how your block is machined.

uhhhpooo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or go to a Treasure Yard, buy a broken Vortec engine for $50, and get everything you need. Disassemble the lifters ONE AT A TIME for cleaning. Wash everything else, too.

I bet even the timing set will be good enough to re-use. I re-used the timing set from my Treasure Yard short-block. When I degreed the cam, it was within one degree of spec.

You MIGHT need to buy the "other" thrust plate, depending on how your block is machined.
i would do that in a heartbeat but my “treasure yard” isn’t that good all the gmt400s are all 95 and below