Found 2 cut wires in the engine bay in a section of plastic sleeve.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, its been in the UK about 25 years, and seems to have only done about 70k miles the interior is really clean. I was told by the guy i bought it from, that it was owned by a film company over here, but as you say its very clean.

Sir, if you wish to really curry favor with this crowd, please be sure to share a few photos of your ride.

I for one would love to see how your '92 C2500 Silverado would look like in front of a famous UK venue.
(Think nonchalant sales brochure feel, with your C2500 shot while parked on a very British cobblestone thoroughfare.
Maybe something along these lines: Proper UK background for an expat Yank tank. :0)

Just a thought. I know if I was over there visiting I'd be trying to capture a photo of your truck in a recognizable
UK vista for my photo album.

Cheers --

Last edited:

Kevin99

Reaction score
Sir, if you wish to really curry favor with this crowd, please be sure to share a few photos of your ride.

I for one would love to see how your '92 C2500 Silverado would look like in front of a famous UK venue.
(Think nonchalant sales brochure feel, with your C2500 shot while parked on a very British cobblestone thoroughfare.
Maybe something along these lines: Proper UK background for an expat Yank tank. :0)

Just a thought. I know if I was over there visiting I'd be trying to capture a photo of your truck in a recognizable
UK vista for my photo album.

Cheers --
I’ll try to arrange that, its not easy to get into london these days as there is now a charge for cars older than 2005 to travel into town.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Vortec guys don't know these older trucks. ;) (that cover disappeared with the change to the driver-side electrical center in 1995, which yes, is still TBI.. but foreshadowing of the coming Vortec setup)

Still got mine! I don't like the idea of a bunch of extra uncovered +12VDC connections just hanging around in the engine compartment.
Me too, on my 88 but, I had to cut off his leg when I installed the WBO2 ;)

Here, you can also see the LP Cycling Switch on the tube going in the firewall. Later years, they put it on the Receiver/Dryer.
You must be registered for see images attach

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll try to arrange that, its not easy to get into london these days as there is now a charge for cars older than 2005 to travel into town.

No worries -- In front of your favorite pub or village green will deliver the goods.
(As a visual touchstone, I really enjoy the BBC's 'Escape to the Country' episodes,
so a famous tourist attraction in the background isn't a must-have by any means. :0)

Don't let London's laws get in the way of sharing some pics of your ride with fellow
GMT400 enthusiasts. No doubt you are a bit of rock star on the roadways over there,
that's gotta be a lot of fun. :waytogo:

Kevin99

Reaction score
No worries -- In front of your favorite pub or village green will deliver the goods.
(As a visual touchstone, I really enjoy the BBC's 'Escape to the Country' episodes,
so a famous tourist attraction in the background isn't a must-have by any means. :0)

Don't let London's laws get in the way of sharing some pics of your ride with fellow
GMT400 enthusiasts. No doubt you are a bit of rock star on the roadways over there,
that's gotta be a lot of fun. :waytogo:
I’ll definitely get something sorted for you guys!

Russ B

Reaction score
Do you have a tachometer? If not, possibly one or both wires are for that. Dark green wire on my 1989 K1500 was for the dash coolant temp sensor.

Kevin99

Reaction score
Do you have a tachometer? If not, possibly one or both wires are for that. Dark green wire on my 1989 K1500 was for the dash coolant temp sensor.
Thanks for your thoughts, it turns out it was the low pressure switch for the a/c, the switch was missing and the cables had been cut!