Factory ICM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of ICM's and coils has anybody tried NGK coils? I'm thinking when I drop in the 355 to replace the 33 year old coil.
I haven't tried NGK coils yet, but have tried their plugs and wires. Love their plugs and so does the SBC in my '89. I'm over 30k miles on 'em and the engine is still running beautifully like the week I put 'em in. With that on my brain, I'd be willing to try their coils.

Russ B

Reaction score
Not OBS but similar issue. I bought the GM style HEI distributor for my 75 ford with an FE block. I like the HEI and it simplifies parts for me. Driving it one day and it shut off, towed it home and they had used a soft roll pin for the gear. Installed a proper hardened steel roll pin and was back in business. Then my son was driving it and it shut off again, towed home and replaced the ICM with a high quality one and it has been good since. Cheap is cheap.
Actually cheap is not so cheap.