Misfire at higher rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95er

Reaction score
another thing I just found. I don’t have a service engine light but just for fun I jumped the ECM. Got codes 22 and 42. But again no service light

Firewood truck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is perfect timing for me, as I'm having some drivability issues with the L31/TBi swap that I recently did. I also have been in touch with Harris, and while he has knowledge about the TBI systems and L31/TBi combos, I wasn't feeling exactly convinced to put out some cash for a new chip. I asked him about some basic tuning parameters and he quickly changed the subject and spewed out about how the original TBI engine barley made 170 HP and it was tuned for that where the stock L31 is making an honest 230hp and the injectors/fuel mapping can't keep up.. That I need a vortec FP, his 18# FPR spring and a new chip or re-flash the old one. The info that I've seen in here and other posts in this site always has me believing that my stock injectors should be enough to feed the L31, even if they're getting close to full duty cycle.

I am curious how everything unfolds for 95er and how well the LDL cable and data logging software works, I have a feeling that this is where I'm headed in order to get my rig running strong.