Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Hopefully....kinda.
I'm getting there after the machine operators leave who can pull it. No personal hoists allowed.
So between today and tomorrow, gonna get as much done as possible, and I will have approximately 3hrs Friday before they leave.
So hopefully it's even still there, and hopefully someone doesn't want it more than me between now and Friday!!!
But a crappy plan is better than no plan!! Lol
Hell when I had to buy another engine for my old 09 (worst truck I’ve ever owned) I looked all over for one and finally found one in a police Tahoe in an LKQ yard. It had a bunch of bad hail damage but the cluster showed it had 96k on it. Got the engine out right as some other dude showed up and offered to pay me for what LKQ would’ve sold it to me. Would’ve made $400 but then I’d be back looking for another Gen IV LS. Yeah don’t buy trucks from shady “dealers” in Wichita. Oil was as thick as honey and after I changed it a knock formed. So glad I got rid of that POS

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
Can I now at least get my man card back, even on a probationary basis?!?!?!? Lol

lol, just had to bust your balls a little. Pretty sure it takes someone who does the right thing, even if its a pain in the butt, to even get a man card in the first place. I don't think yours is going anywhere.

Don't have any family really, and my reason for everything decided to check herself out when covid hit. Ive been rich, Ive been poor. Ive lived in a nice house with an indoor poor, and Ive lived in a house with a hole in the roof so big, it made a the house a pool when it rained. Had nice flashy rides, and had $500 beaters.

Person can have all the junk they want, but without loved ones to share it with, its all pointless.

I'll be patiently waiting to see an LS under that hood, because even as the deniers know, its the superior powerplant.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well....it was still there!!! Yay!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

At least it looks like it drove itself to the accident.
The plug wires were off on the passenger side, oil filter is missing, not sure if that's the yard or someone doing some investigation.
Got what I think is about 90% of the electrical all ready to go. But left it in place so it doesn't look so obvious someone's after it!!

It's DBW, so I made sure the TAC module is coming, disconnected the gas pedal, but couldn't figure out how to undo the wire from it to pull it through the firewall, but didn't dwell yoo long on it, as I had limited time. I'll do the research tonight.

Gotta rewatch a video about the wiring again. This loom heads down the drivers side, im pretty sure the 02 sensor wires are hiding in there somewhere.

So all in had just over an hour today, would have been more but they had the damn road intake there closed because they were working on the railroad tracks. Had to double back, hit a damn train for a few minutes. So hopefully tomorrow is a bit smoother. Then Friday I should have another 2.5-3hrs to get it yanked.
Man.... I really wish I had cordless ratchet and impact!! Lol
At least the exhaust is already cut, but one is damn near at the flange, so maybe not able to weld, oh well, no biggie.

At least I started!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well....it was still there!!! Yay!!!

At least it looks like it drove itself to the accident.
The plug wires were off on the passenger side, oil filter is missing, not sure if that's the yard or someone doing some investigation.
Got what I think is about 90% of the electrical all ready to go. But left it in place so it doesn't look so obvious someone's after it!!

It's DBW, so I made sure the TAC module is coming, disconnected the gas pedal, but couldn't figure out how to undo the wire from it to pull it through the firewall, but didn't dwell yoo long on it, as I had limited time. I'll do the research tonight.

Gotta rewatch a video about the wiring again. This loom heads down the drivers side, im pretty sure the 02 sensor wires are hiding in there somewhere.

So all in had just over an hour today, would have been more but they had the damn road intake there closed because they were working on the railroad tracks. Had to double back, hit a damn train for a few minutes. So hopefully tomorrow is a bit smoother. Then Friday I should have another 2.5-3hrs to get it yanked.
Man.... I really wish I had cordless ratchet and impact!! Lol
At least the exhaust is already cut, but one is damn near at the flange, so maybe not able to weld, oh well, no biggie.

At least I started!!!!! Woohoo!!!
The yard probably pulled the filter when they drained all the fluids.
Git that sucker!!!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The yard probably pulled the filter when they drained all the fluids.
Git that sucker!!!!!
I'm trying....I'm trying!!! Lol
HOPEFULLY I can get it done before 3:30pm MST Friday!!! I'll be crushed if I get it 90% ready and someone scoops it out on me!! But that's a risk I have to take. Pretty much any one that's pulled already is going for $2500-$3500 with a trans. Hopefully karma is with me on this one!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck with getting the new powerplant. We're rooting for ya.

Keep that man card, family first, fun second.
Thanks....I can't hardly wait to show y'all a pic of it in the back of my truck!!!! I know a lot have people are following along with this rollercoaster!!!
And ya.... always family first. Always.
That's why woman is 1/2 ass tolerating this.
I never do anything for myself. So this is me being "selfish" lol.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is one of the videos I watched, he does a good job explaining which wires to keep and get rid of in the fuse box.
Definitely tears the front end off a LOT more than I'm planning too!!! Lol
Guess that's what happens when you have all the time in the world on your driveway to do it.

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's something you might want to consider taking. Remove the fuse box cover, and attached to the rear of the fuse box, you'll see a small assembly with a couple of relays, and a fuse. Thats the fan control for the radiator fans. Its' wiring goes under the fuse box, to the fans, power lug on the fuse box, and a small wire harness that goes to the PCM. Grab that, and you won't have to worry about cobbling something up for fan power and control

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's something you might want to consider taking. Remove the fuse box cover, and attached to the rear of the fuse box, you'll see a small assembly with a couple of relays, and a fuse. Thats the fan control for the radiator fans. Its' wiring goes under the fuse box, to the fans, power lug on the fuse box, and a small wire harness that goes to the PCM. Grab that, and you won't have to worry about cobbling something up for fan power and control
Thanks for that tip. Following the advice of the video I posted, I believe that is ready to go, I'll double check though.