Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Thunder from "Down Under"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thoughts?
Comments?
Ya?
Nay?

Obviously (hopefully) that's just tape painted and stuck on for a visual reference.

Maybe someone with the center cap?....if I decide to do it.

I kinda like the tying in of the body color to the wheel.
Since the truck was originally going to be painted black, that's why I bought black wheels, and now since boss woman says that ain't happening, figured this may be a good option to go with. And if I don't like them, I can paint them black again. They are removable for those who don't know.
Going way outside the box here but, what about the rims the same blue as truck and the spokes the same silver as the stripe? Maybe load the picture on your computer and play around with colour combos until one jumps out at you?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Drove the truck in for work this week.
It's friggin hot here, pushing 30c/90f, this is a shot of the gauges sitting right where they should be, so that made me happy.
Oil pressure dropped to 100 at stop lights in gear, but I'm not too worried about it.

So tomorrow is the first day it's been driven to work since a one off day in 2020, and before that was 2003, the day the transmission parts decided they weren't happy inside the case and decided to escape all over the highway! Lol

On the way here, got on it a bit at a stop sign, and then the check engine light came on. Happened before, was showing a lean condition code. Have to pull this one, hopefully it's the same. I did change the O2 sensor earlier this year and it hadn't come back since.
Hopefully it's the same, and nothing to worry about.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going way outside the box here but, what about the rims the same blue as truck and the spokes the same silver as the stripe? Maybe load the picture on your computer and play around with colour combos until one jumps out at you?
Interesting...I may just do that, the computer thing.
I would be hesitant to actually paint the wheel itself. Those spokes and caps are just plastic that can easily be replaced. I would puke if I painted the actual wheel and didn't like it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw his truck in person today, he’s done some nice bodywork and paint! Thanks for the help installing my hood btw!
No problem bud. Thanks for letting me swing by.
And thanks for the compliment. Not too shabby for a carpenter/scaffolder/safety ****** working in his garage. LOL

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rolled into the parking lot at work today and noticed that the brake warning light was on in the dash.
They seemed fine, I mean I didn't crash into anything, and it stopped when it needed to.
I pushed the e-brake down a hair and the light got brighter. Pulled the release handle a few times and nothing changed.
Will check the fluid level when I go to leave later.

There is a section of the road just before we turn into the site parking lot that they cut all the way across the road last year to run a line across. They put asphalt back in but it has sunk down a few inches, and is about 16" wide, so it gives a good whack when you drive over it, even when you slow down.
Wonder if that has anything to do with it, because the light wasn't on before that, because I remember looking at the turn signal indicator flashing at the corner just before the road repair.

Worst part is that I have one of my crotch goblins in town with me for the week, and I don't wanna drive home with her in a few days with a funky brake system. So I may just run it home tonight and bring my daily back.

Will make use of this forum and office time today to do a bit of research.
And I do have the FSM downloaded on my computer, maybe take a boo at that.