Do I have keyless? I have looked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Caman96 This is a piggy back question, have you personally considered adding a theft deterrent kill switch? I'm not that mechanically inclined to understand whether or not, having a kill switch would prevent the remote start to work. I'm almost certain "wiring it the right way" is an acceptable answer, just haven't seen anything about it combined.
Look through these and see if one applies to a remote start or not. Or maybe someone else can jump in.

marshallsmith27

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, don't let terminology trip you up - you have manual A/C. What they mean is that it doesn't have an automatic setting where it determines temperature and fan speed for you - instead, you set it, i.e. manual. All the 88-94 factory A/C GMT400's have the digital controls.

Richard
this explains completely what I was trying to figure out thanks for explaining it

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have AU3. I have read online that some 1993 models had it and tahoes and trailblazers. I read in some forums on here about AU0. I would like to retrofit it I don’t have it.
I thought you were looking to add keyless entry.