Check Your U Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should buy a lottery ticket. All but one came off pretty nicely. Lots of heat, penetrating lube, and slow, steady back and forth. I can't believe my Milwaukee M12 was able to do this.
Still looking for the clunk in my rear end however. Might be the worn out plastic isolators in the leaf springs.
You must be registered for see images attach

rzr6-4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should buy a lottery ticket. All but one came off pretty nicely. Lots of heat, penetrating lube, and slow, steady back and forth. I can't believe my Milwaukee M12 was able to do this.
Still looking for the clunk in my rear end however. Might be the worn out plastic isolators in the leaf springs.

LOL. Mine went a little different.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Very clean CO truck here, I'd caught this while doing rear brakes.

You can also see how much dirt and rust scale came off the axle and lower crap collector on this side.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I replaced my leaf springs this is how the bolts looked. Since I had already ordered new ones, I'd be tempted to reuse them :rolleyes:

Good ol' CA and AZ arid climate :biggrin:

I cheated - these bolts were only 18 years old ;)

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drilled holes in low point of the saddle to prevent the retention of dirt water debris. And when washing the truck also spraying down the running gear , no mud or caked on crap to start any cancer growing.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Th
When I replaced my leaf springs this is how the bolts looked. Since I had already ordered new ones, I'd be tempted to reuse them :rolleyes:

Good ol' CA and AZ arid climate :biggrin:

I cheated - these bolts were only 18 years old ;)
The axle manufacturer's don't recommend reinstalling axle / saddle U bolts, as there a torque spec item and the amount stress / fatigue they expect to experience should be one time use practice. And considering how important they are I'm going with that checklist item.