blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Stock floor raised or false floor ftw!. On a side note i think i got in contact with the same guy you did and he gave me the answers needed on the Pro Comp suspension. Thanks for pointing that place out to me man!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ill agree raised stock floor FTW! thats what i really want to do for mine when i get my rear bagged. it looks rather easy to do.
and if someones sides flap that just means they should brace it! its easy to brace sheet metal now adays! a simple scuff pad, a piece of metal and some sheet metal bonding adhesive! no welding needed on exterior panel. sure welding afew tac welds would be best BUT could also warp the panel and bubble the paint. but the bonding adhesive just needs to scuff to metal and just clamp another piece of metal to it and just clamp and then screw/bolt the new brace to a support or something. simple problem FIXED! most people just dont think about easy ways to solve problems they just say good enough. those are the trucks i wouldnt want to drive cause who else knows what they said GOOD ENOUGH TO! LOL
and those trucks backhalfs.... IMO yes some of them do look great BUT those trucks usually have no beds on them OR just have the whole bed floor open to show off the work. IMO not worth it! keep it a truck and still decently usable as a truck! unless you got a show truck of course. but i prefer to drive what i build!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mainly show my 95, but I still like my raised floor, I just don't like seeing all the frame and suspension, plus I haul my cooler , easy up, chair's etc. in the back going to show's!

GonzalezKustomzFab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill agree raised stock floor FTW! thats what i really want to do for mine when i get my rear bagged. it looks rather easy to do.
and if someones sides flap that just means they should brace it! its easy to brace sheet metal now adays! a simple scuff pad, a piece of metal and some sheet metal bonding adhesive! no welding needed on exterior panel. sure welding afew tac welds would be best BUT could also warp the panel and bubble the paint. but the bonding adhesive just needs to scuff to metal and just clamp another piece of metal to it and just clamp and then screw/bolt the new brace to a support or something. simple problem FIXED! most people just dont think about easy ways to solve problems they just say good enough. those are the trucks i wouldnt want to drive cause who else knows what they said GOOD ENOUGH TO! LOL
and those trucks backhalfs.... IMO yes some of them do look great BUT those trucks usually have no beds on them OR just have the whole bed floor open to show off the work. IMO not worth it! keep it a truck and still decently usable as a truck! unless you got a show truck of course. but i prefer to drive what i build!

90% of the trucks that I build or built are daily driver even the ones that are back halfs as far as the bed goes if you have a sick ass back half why not show it off ! You either spend the money to show it or put in the time to build it

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I'm still up in the air about what I wanna do with the bed yet. I definitely wanna do a custom bridge between the notches. Raised bed floor is something I wanna do down the road, or I was also thinking about something like this..
You must be registered for see images attach

My 92 is my show truck/summer cruiser. Not a trailer queen, but not a daily driven truck. That's what my z71's for. Also tossed around some ideas with powdercoating my link bars and cantilevers.

Still not 100% sure

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanna do something like this, maybe a bit more of a custom bridge..
You must be registered for see images attach

I wanna keep the stock wheel wells in the bed if I can, I only plan to run 20's for now. I'm hopin the 20x10's out back will work with out cutting out the wheel wells. I'm gonna tub up front for sure tho

Can you keep the stock fender wells with 20s?

I guess it depends on tire size...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just keep in mind once you cut that floor, then you will have to source another one someday when you want a raised stockfloor!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
yep. i would just lift the bed floor for a real clean look. but to be honest it would be easiest to find a rusty bed or wrecked on the outside or fender arches totaly rusted out but if the bed floor is still good i would snatch it up on the cheap and just cut out that floor and weld it over the top of yours. it would make it ALOT easier and take out ALOT of guess work with the mounting feet! you could always cut out what stock floor you dont like afterwards, or just make the top floor hinged on some air cylinders to go up and down for a sick HIDDEN storage area ;) or just a clean spot to put your air equipment and keep them out of view.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
That's a cool idea addiction2bass. I think I will do a raised stock floor, it's growin on me fast and does look pretty slick. I might smooth out the inside bed floor groves and have an all smooth raised floor :hmm: