blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i like the stock raised floors over smoothed floors. its just FAR easier to hide imperfections with ridges than a full smooth floor ;) so ya gotta think of the long run purty as well. it would be horible to drop something inside the bed to dent a smooth floor. a stock floor the ridges add strength i believe so its harder to dent and easier to hide imperfections.
at least thats my opinion and the way id love to do it myself on my truck if i ever get the rear bagged. but to be honest im actually thinking of removing my air setup and just puting the money towards my run away credit cards debt :( at least im considering it. dont want to but i need to get these CC bills straight and then tear all but one of them up and keep that credit limit under 1Kbucks for its max!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense and I understand your point of view. But honestly I never have anything in my bed on this truck as it is so I should be ok, with that being said I do like the stock/simple look with the groves too.

This is also a possibility, I like how the groves continue over the notch cover..
You must be registered for see images attach

For now, my parts won't be in for another week or 2 so I have time to think about what I wanna do for sure. I have a couple old beds sitting around in my yard so I can cut out my bed floor and rock it till my truck gets put away for winter and do the raised bed floor over winter. We have a few obs parts trucks in our yard so I can use a bed floor from one of them to do a raised bed floor. We have over ten obs trucks in our yard to choose from. Dad usually buys em for cheap with a blown motor or trans and fixes them up and if the body is solid still he makes a good profit on resale. Nice when I need parts sometimes lol

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense and I understand your point of view. But honestly I never have anything in my bed on this truck as it is so I should be ok, with that being said I do like the stock/simple look with the groves too.

This is also a possibility, I like how the groves continue over the notch cover..

For now, my parts won't be in for another week or 2 so I have time to think about what I wanna do for sure. I have a couple old beds sitting around in my yard so I can cut out my bed floor and rock it till my truck gets put away for winter and do the raised bed floor over winter. We have a few obs parts trucks in our yard so I can use a bed floor from one of them to do a raised bed floor. We have over ten obs trucks in our yard to choose from. Dad usually buys em for cheap with a blown motor or trans and fixes them up and if the body is solid still he makes a good profit on resale. Nice when I need parts sometimes lol

Heh...has he had any stepsides come through?

Sent from a padded cell in the secure ward.....trying to avoid the shock therapy...

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I found a way to make some practical uses with a smooth bed floor but im not goin into details as I will be doing it!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
o ya those stock floor with stock notches do look good but from what ive heard they are also difficult to do! just cause getting those lines to be all even and notched properly for a good fit. just one of those things ya really gotta plan for when cutting. those types IMO do look like they would be great for daily drivers since you can put stuff in front or rear and it wont slide forward or backwards to far ;)
everyone has there own opinion on what looks good to them. anything you can think of you can do!

and hell i wish i could find a cheap decent truck bed! if your old man has afew good beds and your bored you can also make a custom matching trailer ;) i loved the one i made. i wish i didnt have to sell it or id still have it :( i didnt even get to paint it to match. but at least i didnt waste paint on it before i sold it. :)

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
o ya those stock floor with stock notches do look good but from what ive heard they are also difficult to do! just cause getting those lines to be all even and notched properly for a good fit.
since i've done it, i can say not really that hard

Last edited:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i didnt mean real hard. just something that needs planned ahead more. it seems easy to cut to much and then youd have to cut another bed floor section and try again. just gotta plan every cut.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I found a way to make some practical uses with a smooth bed floor but im not goin into details as I will be doing it!

Does it involve color matched line-x???

since i've done it, i can say not really that hard

I was thinkin it couldn't be bad, just gotta measure twice cut once

i didnt mean real hard. just something that needs planned ahead more. it seems easy to cut to much and then youd have to cut another bed floor section and try again. just gotta plan every cut.

I'm more worried about cutting too little if I decided to go that route with the stock floor notch cover, but I think I can do it. I have a few boxes to chop up if I need lol. Either way if I do this or the raised floor, I like the idea of having a non-opened floor now that I think about it. It will stay cleaner and would be nice incase I ever did decide to haul something.

That trailer is badass btw!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
so build one if you got extra beds around ;) wish i could find a good bed for decent price and i would so build another one in a heartbeat! only thing i would do different is ditch the whole stock frame and start with all new steel for frame but still use stock hangers and such for the axle. and i just did a ghetto home made flip kit. some thick square tubing for notch, thick pipe cut in half and slightly flatened for the axle perch and new u bolts also welded to the axle tube so it would never turn down pinion wise or turn period ;) they real easy to build and at least in the US its very easy to get a title for a home made trailer! got done building, called sherif to come check it out and to the dmv with some paper work and i was cruisin legal ;)