AC overhaul - Compressor upgrade? Condensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 1999 Tahoe 2DR 2WD no rear air and I would like to know what is involved with installing the Four Seasons 88947 Premium Compressor with Clutch? Would my system blow cooler air?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 1999 Tahoe 2DR 2WD no rear air and I would like to know what is involved with installing the Four Seasons 88947 Premium Compressor with Clutch? Would my system blow cooler air?

I would probably use the 88950 with a single evaporator. Same 210cc compressor but the larger pulley to prevent it from cycling as often. The 88950 will still outperform the 4261 Sanden I have on the 1987 G20 and it works pretty darn well on that single evaporator system. Not the coldest standing at idle, but rev it up to go down the road and it gets COLD. It blows 45-50F at idle and will drop to 29F before the compressor cycles.

I need to work on that system though. I think it melted a sealing washer and has lost a good bit of refrigerant. Last time I drove it, was not cooling well and I saw the green of the dye in the pag oil near the compressor discharge port. If it is not one thing it is another with mechanical stuff. Best guess is it should have had one of those aluminum extensions pressed on to the discharge tube.

Last edited: