The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeybsyc

Reaction score
Trying to remove a 60/40 seat from a 93... seatbelt wont fit through the hole in the seat where it comes through. How do you get it out? does the belt have to stay with the seat?

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to remove a 60/40 seat from a 93... seatbelt wont fit through the hole in the seat where it comes through. How do you get it out? does the belt have to stay with the seat?
Unbolt the belt from the floorpan, feed it though the seat hole. Remove the seat, then reinstall the belt to the floorpan

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure... but there is a guy who makes brackets out there that might have what your looking for. I got 2022 seats in my 88 using his brackets..this where i got mine.. not cheap but i think hes the only one making them..

Thank you for this, I am about to do a seat swap and this saved me tons of time.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Here's a dumb one. I've never bought new visors. My old ones were 100% trashed so new seemed the best route. They came in and look pretty good, but it appears the only way to install them is to poke a hole in the fabric where the rod goes. Seems simple other than I don't wanna screw up and damage not-cheap pieces. Anybody done these?

Richard

someotherguy

Reaction score
Unbolt the belt from the floorpan, feed it though the seat hole. Remove the seat, then reinstall the belt to the floorpan
And, be careful with the plastic bezel in the seat cushion where the belt goes through. It's plastic-welded on very small nubs to retain it. They break easily and then the bezel will flop around.

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a dumb one. I've never bought new visors. My old ones were 100% trashed so new seemed the best route. They came in and look pretty good, but it appears the only way to install them is to poke a hole in the fabric where the rod goes. Seems simple other than I don't wanna screw up and damage not-cheap pieces. Anybody done these?

Richard
My son had a pair from LMC (made by Acme) that needed a hole punched. I thought it seemed odd as well, but made some small snips and it seemed fine.

We’ve since sold that truck, so I don’t know if the fabric eventually stretched or tore around that cut or not.

someotherguy

Reaction score
My son had a pair from LMC (made by Acme) that needed a hole punched. I thought it seemed odd as well, but made some small snips and it seemed fine.

We’ve since sold that truck, so I don’t know if the fabric eventually stretched or tore around that cut or not.
I used a small pick to poke the hole; it's just fabric there so the pointed rod for the visor bracket went through no problem after. However, they just flop on the rod, aren't tight enough to hold any position. A careful attempt at crimping in the area the factory ones were, made no real difference. They're difficult to push over the rod, and you'd think they would stay in position, but they don't. I'm really unimpressed and pissed off about it, but maybe I'm just missing some trick to make them work.

Good to know the LMC ones are made by Acme (same as I just bought from Rock), which I assumed was likely, since there can't be too many companies making the same items.

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s been a while, but I don’t remember having any trouble with it and think it took a firm push to get it to seat into place. I usually remember when a aftermarket part ticks me off (happens a lot). I think there was something in the box that said to bend the rod if it was loose, but to have to do that seems like a cop out on the part of the manufacturer.

This was in a 98 model using the factory mounting rods.

PAIRA90S

Reaction score
O.k. have a ? I went to buy bulbs for where your feet go when you open the door because the person I bought it from took them out. So when I get to autozone to buy the bulbs they can't tell me what style or what kind of bulbs go there (go figure right lol) so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the bulb # is that I need an thanks!!
Up under the dash at the kick panel? Mine are 1003 (90 K1500) I wanted LEDs so I just had them out. Didn't find anything exactly compatible local so left them as is.