96 C3500 CCLB lowered 454 Dually project........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Goodies on the FedEx truck today. The remaining pieces for the front end rebuild.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tracking says that the Air Lift Slam Air bag kit will be here on Friday. Looks like we are all set to slam the dually this weekend!!

Last edited:

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Air Lift Slam Air bags come today. Did a big time pressure wash under the dually. Have the plasma cutter from work in the back of the truck because some dufus welded the goose neck hitch to the truck. Looks like it's on at 8:00 in the morning.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
It was a l o n g day but we finally finished lowering the dually at midnight last night. Typical old truck deal. Front went fine other than a locked up tie rod adjuster that refuses to move. The rear is where the trouble really started. The bolts in the shackles were totally locked up. Even a 3/4" impact would budge them. Had to cut them with a sawsall and buy new shackles. Bolts also totally locked up in the rear spring eyes. Had to cut them and replace the spring bushings. Tie bolts snapped off because they were rusted solid etc... We spent 5 hours on bolts and such that refused top come out. **sigh** Finally got home at 12:30 am but I think it's going to be worth it. I'll post some better pics once it stops raining and I can get it all polished up but here's a preview...

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Couple more pics from last night.

Very cool that Air Lift makes the Slam Air bracket to bolt directly to the Bell tech notch. I'm going to try to figure a way to get a little more travel out of the bags. I think I'll need a little more lift for pulling the trailer.

This is the way to remove the bed from your dually. :) Pays to have best friends in the truck accessory biz that are willing to let me use their shop and stay up half the night helping me.