93 ext cab short box engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhau93obs

Reaction score
As for the classifieds in my area i honestly have had better luck out of my pick and pull in comparison to the classifieds. most people out here on the classifieds seem to want almost brand new prices for clapped out junk. the pick a part at least has fair prices and stuff like carbs at least come with a 30 day warranty so long as its not an electrical component.

mhau93obs

Reaction score
dont need to worry about the transmission at all. rpo code mt8 so i have the 92-94 nv4500 with granny and overdrive so it wont be an issue at all. im yanking out the ecu behind my glove box and rewiring a few things to work in harmony.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey that’s awesome yes carb away with that beautiful example!!! Mines all Beat up but I grabbed it as it’s so hard to find the manual shift 4x4 trucks around here let alone a NV-4500! Must have been a special order ! Cool! Carb time lol

The hole is to let trapped air out of the engine to make it easier to burp the air out. My failsafe method for cooling systems. Run the engine with the rad cap removed and keep adding coolant as needed. It will take a while but once the thermostat opens it will burp a bunch of coolant from the rad. Shut it off, top up the rad, add the rad cap, and fill the external resivoir to part way full and enjoy a system with no air pockets.

mhau93obs

Reaction score
Good to know, I might start doing that. Ultimately I got lucky with the fact that the truck is fairly unmolested, no chopped wiring, several hokey things here and there(meaning someone trying to repair something with no knowledge of how to do it) I picked it up for fairly cheap too. Regardless of what I spent and what I've put into it so far, after the engine swap I'll have probably close to 15k maybe a little closer to 17k into this thing and I still have to paint it and replace the interior. The only things i haven't really touched so far on it is the cooling system, transmission aside from replacing the fluid with redline mt84 as it still shifts nicely although i might replace the shifter stub to try and tighten up the slop when in gear, the t-case, and both diffs. Eventually I'm planning on doing a sas probably a king pin dana 60 with a limited slip and 14 bolt rear with a limited slip. Eventually the 350 that's going in it is going to get pulled out and get bored and stroked into a 383. One step at a time though and that's slightly better drivability on the freeway and around town for the upcoming dump run before summer is over with the swap.

mhau93obs

Reaction score
Thats gorgeous. Eventually ill have a classic like that one of these days. I'm looking at getting an old chevelle wagon. I don't know why but I've always loved the look of the wagons the coups are beautiful but they are so expensive now, even just a roller.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look into a 68-72 olds or Buick wagon! They are bad assed and way easier to find for a reasonable price vs the Chevy stuff. But I digress the solid axle stick shift ECSB with 383 is awesome! Have a good one