92 2500 6 lug 4x4 NV4500 built SBC ext cab short box long term build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting THAT!!!!
How the hell did you get it up on its ass???!
So much for a "beater"!!!! Lol
But probably the right choice, your truck was definitely used for some back road shenanigans, and who knows what damage is lurking, especially with the power you are planning on putting down in it.

She better be getting some nice b-day, x-mas, anniversary, Valentine's Day, Canada day etc presents headed her way!!! Lol

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should have asked if it had a 14 bolt!!!
But chances of it being the right width were probably not good.
And it would have added to the complexity of your disposal of the frame. Lol
It was a 14 bolt but it was the full floater style with the exposed bears caps. The best bolt in swap is the semi floater 14 bolt like in my truck. Would be an inch or so wider so check if your tires would rub or not. Each other axle would cause a bunch of work. The 10 bolt can be made to work just order nice axle shafts a rebuild kit and your choice of locker or possi. You can raise the spline counts when you do this. It works out to about $2000. I think the 2wd 14 bolts are the same width as yours, the 4x; versions are a tad wider I THINK.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, plus having to get new flip kit stuff again. Just going to beef up the 10bolt eventually.
See what Uncle Justin gives me back at tax time!! Lol
Or somehow miraculously come upon a 454SS rear end for a stellar price.
Yes that’s what would do… no need for aftermarket axles if you aren’t using drag slicks anyways. Do you have a G-80? If so I would swap in a better locker or posi, new seals and call it good. Maybe a girdle cover to support the bearing caps, plus they look nice.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes that’s what would do… no need for aftermarket axles if you aren’t using drag slicks anyways. Do you have a G-80? If so I would swap in a better locker or posi, new seals and call it good. Maybe a girdle cover to support the bearing caps, plus they look nice.
No man.....just a one wheel peeler under there. With 3:42 gears. Probably step up to at least 3:73 when I pop the rear end open.
Or maybe not, the 6.0 should have enough power to launch decently and put me back in my seat a bit. Especially if "something" else comes to fruition! Lol