'89 Stepside "Way Cool Jr."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd probably choose another brand. The Gates I bought for my 454 leaked in a year or two. I changed it twice outside in the winter.
I hadn't heard of any issues with Gates, and their belts and hoses are always quality pieces. I'm willing to give their water pump a chance. I hope yours was an anomaly.

Also, every time I open this thread, the song plays in my head.
You must be registered for see images attach

While hair bands were my era, I'm not really a hair band guy. Still, I think Ratt is underrated. They weren't gimmicky like Poison. They weren't an active train wreck like Motley Crue. They played solidly musical rock. I also could have gone with "Heaven's Trail", but Way Cool Jr is a better truck name.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of any issues with Gates, and their belts and hoses are always quality pieces. I'm willing to give their water pump a chance. I hope yours was an anomaly.

You must be registered for see images attach

While hair bands were my era, I'm not really a hair band guy. Still, I think Ratt is underrated. They weren't gimmicky like Poison. They weren't an active train wreck like Motley Crue. They played solidly musical rock. I also could have gone with "Heaven's Trail", but Way Cool Jr is a better truck name.

I like all types of rock and metal, but hair bands are some of my favorites. Tesla is a very very solid band, I can sit and listen to any one of their songs. While a great song, Heaven's Trail isn't a very good truck name. Now you got me thinking about naming my trucks after songs.

And if we're talking about solid hair bands, I think Def Leppard and Dokken need to be in there too. While not underrated like Ratt and Tesla, you can't listen to the actual music of Leppard and not think, "Damn."

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does your truck have a Ratt problem?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot that Rocklahoma is this weekend. I've wanted to go to it for a while now, but every year I look at the lineup and it's three bands I'd love to see, five bands that sound interesting, and a dozen bands that would just be annoying background noise. I don't think I could take three days of that. Also, my wife's not interested in going on Sunday to see Lamb of God and Mastodon.