7747-7427 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere's that it was good to turn of PE while adjusting your VE's,believe it was MaxEx. But don't turn off AE or it will fall over on its face every time you try to accelerate.
I haven't messed with mine since just after my since about 3:00. I got out there early this morning and got started and by the time I got the bugs worked out I was tired of F'in with it. I did plug it into my laptop and started watching some LTFT's and just sitting in the driveway and varying the RPM's I could tell it's running fat. BLM's were 117-119.
OK, this is where I've been having a hard time finding information. Let's take that 117 in cell X and divide it by 128 we come up with approximately .914 Do I add or multiply that to the current VE% in that cell? I'm thinking multiply. I definitely don't want to lean it out too much.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's take that 117 in cell X and divide it by 128 we come up with approximately .914 Do I add or multiply that to the current VE% in that cell? I'm thinking multiply. I definitely don't want to lean it out too much.
FWIU, you're running 91% of target so, you add 9% more (VE*.09), or something like that. Have you looked at Dave W's spreadsheets he developed for that? Have you tried your WBO2 yet?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIU, you're running 91% of target so, you add 9% more (VE*.09), or something like that. Have you looked at Dave W's spreadsheets he developed for that? Have you tried your WBO2 yet?
No and no. I wasn't going to mess with the WB until I dropped the 355 in with the new exhaust. I did install a wire in socket B16(EGR pintle position)for future use of the WB.
I'll take a little stroll over to gearhead and see what dave has come up with.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take a little stroll over to gearhead and see what dave has come up with.
A quick search go me this thread. I know he's been improving it through the years but...
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?342-E6-OE-OD-31-42-VE-Fixer-Spread-Sheet&highlight=tuning+spreadsheet

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick search go me this thread. I know he's been improving it through the years but...
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?342-E6-OE-OD-31-42-VE-Fixer-Spread-Sheet&highlight=tuning+spreadsheet

Ha-ha! I have that in my $0D file. That's good till you get over 1800 RPM. I'm still gonna have learn to do the math to fill in the rest.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good till you get over 1800 RPM. I'm still gonna have learn to do the math to fill in the rest.
You could extend it for higher RPMs, or make another spreadsheet for the higher rev table. Either way, you should be able to extrapolate the formula and use it on each cell.

Then have fun with the Smooth and Interpolate functions on your VE and SA tables :deal:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, just takes some practice, and I'm no expert here, My older version of TunerPro RT didn't even have the "Interpolate" function until @L31MaxExpress pointed it out to me. That makes it a lot easier. Now I see the latest version is Build:v5.00.10018.00 dated April 23. 2024 :waytogo:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, just takes some practice, and I'm no expert here, My older version of TunerPro RT didn't even have the "Interpolate" function until @L31MaxExpress pointed it out to me. That makes it a lot easier. Now I see the latest version is Build:v5.00.10018.00 dated April 23. 2024 :waytogo:
There's a new version of TunerPro?