7747-7427 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Fast 355 700R4 XDF, it's totally different than yours. Another symptom is the SES light just comes on for a second then goes back out with KOEO. With my 7747 and any other computer controlled vehicle I've ever had the SES light stayed on until the engine started. I'm going to check my wiring for the third time tomorrow and make absolutely sure I plugged everything in where it's supposed to go.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my 7747 and any other computer controlled vehicle I've ever had the SES light stayed on until the engine started.
The SES light should come on with KOEO, then go out for a second or 2, then come on until you start it.

I'm using the Fast 355 700R4 XDF, it's totally different than yours.
Yeah, I was thinking the parameters were probably there but, with a different mask, yours may be somewhere else...

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm making headway. Discovered my issue was my remote chip holder. I did a pin check with my prom burner and it passed but when I tried to burn a chip through it it failed. I had another one of those low profile ZIF sockets so I installed that onto that Red Devil River adapter board and boom,it fired right up and started compensating idle speed. The check engine light is working as it should and it throwed a code 43,knock sensor. I kinda figured it was going to do that,the 305 and 350 knock sensors have different resistances. For now I just unchecked the flag for it and will be conservative with how much timing I dial in. Use the 'ol by ear method. I dialed in +2deg for WOT timing and +4deg for part throttle. This old worn out POS 305 probably doesn't have enough compression to make it knock with +20 deg dialed in.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discovered my issue was my remote chip holder. I did a pin check with my prom burner and it passed but when I tried to burn a chip through it it failed. I had another one of those low profile ZIF sockets so I installed that onto that Red Devil River adapter board and boom,it fired right up and started compensating idle speed.
Great! That could have been a head scratcher trying to compensate for it down the road. :waytogo:

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how you are starting on the 305 before putting the 355 in. I’m watching all the tuning threads and reading everything that I can find, to refresh my memory on tuning with the EBL. When I get started it will be on a brand new engine with just about everything changed from stock including a supercharger.

I’m thinking about doing the initial start without the supercharger and getting the rings broken in and things going in the right direction before adding boost into the mix.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great! That could have been a head scratcher trying to compensate for it down the road. :waytogo:
Yeah, for sure!
I'm going at this just like I was setting up a carb, getting the idle right first then the fuel mixture. I'm gonna flash another chip and raise the idle a little from the factory setting. They've got it at 575 with or without A/C on and I'm thinking more like 600 with A/C off and 650 with it on. I don't want it pulling too hard against the converter when it's idling in gear.
One of the parameters I changed was PE delay. The factory had it at 15sec and I dropped it down to 1sec. What a noticeable difference! I just made my first trip around the block with it(about 6 miles) to make sure the TCC was locking and it ran like r#ped ape. I stomped it a couple times and no knock under WFO or gradual increase. I can actually increase speed now without the TCC unlocking. This PCM still has that relock delay but it's quite a bit quicker to relock than the 7747. All in all I'm really happy with the thing so far. Now I'll start datalogging and tweaking the VE's.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how you are starting on the 305 before putting the 355 in.
Yeah, if I scatter it all over the road I'll sweep it up with a smile.
I’m watching all the tuning threads and reading everything that I can find, to refresh my memory on tuning with the EBL. When I get started it will be on a brand new engine with just about everything changed from stock including a supercharger.

I’m thinking about doing the initial start without the supercharger and getting the rings broken in and things going in the right direction before adding boost into the mix.
That's a good idea, things get hairy quick when you start forcing air into them. My 355 has 10,000 on it so I won't need to break it in and tuning should be pretty straight forward with everything behind the dash being right. I already know what that engine likes for timing so it will just be the VE's I'll have to work on.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the parameters I changed was PE delay. The factory had it at 15sec and I dropped it down to 1sec. What a noticeable difference! I just made my first trip around the block with it(about 6 miles) to make sure the TCC was locking and it ran like r#ped ape.
Nice! One thing, you may already know this, with your WBO watch your AFR when in PE. It may go too rich depending on your VE tables. You may have to lower them so, the PE can control the AFR better. That may help your performance even more. ;)

I have my PE set to ~12.5 at higher RPMs but am getting closer to 10.8 (and DC @100%) due to my VE settings.

You must be registered for see images attach

Some day, I need to go back into that too.:deal:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! One thing, you may already know this, with your WBO watch your AFR when in PE. It may go too rich depending on your VE tables. You may have to lower them so, the PE can control the AFR better. That may help your performance even more. ;)

I have my PE set to ~12.5 at higher RPMs but am getting closer to 10.8 (and DC @100%) due to my VE settings.

You must be registered for see images attach

Some day, I need to go back into that too.:deal:
Leaning out your PE enrichment may help that DC too.
cAFR=commanded AFR?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaning out your PE enrichment may help that DC too.
I tried that earlier but, it didn't help enough. Talking to RBob, he suggested changing the VE tables. Even though PE is saying 12.5, the VE table is overriding it - who knew? I even thought about cancelling PE altogether and running strictly on VE, just for fun. :biggrin:

cAFR=commanded AFR?
Yep, with both WBO2 and NBO2 I can watch the Integer/BLM while in CL to see how close my tables are but, it's running on the WBO2. FWIU, if they go out of line, that tells me I need more work on the VE tables.