3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man just can’t catch a break! :thumbsdown:

I’m just thinking out loud here as my arms were stamped and I haven’t seen the forged arms in person, could they be upside down and on the wrong sides? Looks like there’s a significant bevel that might allow the joint to fit?

They could just be slightly oversized and there could be a little rust expansion, also looks like a flappy wheel would would polish out enough clearance

1/2 tons are bolted on the top. 3/4 and 1 tons are bolted to the bottom to my understanding.
Unless they’re djm arms then they’re inside out
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man just can’t catch a break! :thumbsdown:

I’m just thinking out loud here as my arms were stamped and I haven’t seen the forged arms in person, could they be upside down and on the wrong sides? Looks like there’s a significant bevel that might allow the joint to fit?

They could just be slightly oversized and there could be a little rust expansion, also looks like a flappy wheel would would polish out enough clearance

Unless they’re djm arms then they’re inside out
The arms are in the correct position. Haven’t removed the other side yet and verified that these aren’t upside down. I am also thinking that the control arms need to be cleaned up more. Die grinder with a emery pad will make short work of that tomorrow.

All good thoughts. Glad we had the same line of thinking on the rust. Will report back tomorrow morning.

Those DJM arms are different. I’d never seen them in the wild.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The arms are in the correct position. Haven’t removed the other side yet and verified that these aren’t upside down. I am also thinking that the control arms need to be cleaned up more. Die grinder with a emery pad will make short work of that tomorrow.

All good thoughts. Glad we had the same line of thinking on the rust. Will report back tomorrow morning.

Those DJM arms are different. I’d never seen them in the wild.
If that doesn’t work, call Mevotech for a quicker response. I’ve called them and spoken to technical support. :fca5278d:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that doesn’t work, call Mevotech for a quicker response. I’ve called them and spoken to technical support. :fca5278d:
Might have to do that tomorrow.

I cleaned up the surfaces and while it helped, it didn’t make a difference.

One thing I noticed right away today is that the housing has TTX embossed onto it. Why would they do that when it’s supposed to mate with the control arm? Which leads me to believe it isn’t supposed to go on the underside.

If you try to put it on the top, this is as far as it goes. The boot/housing interfere with the arm.

On Rock Auto, the stock photo makes it seem like the bolts should go through the bottom with the ball joint on top of the arm. This would eliminate the nuts wearing on the boot. But it doesn’t work that way.

No email from them yet since it’s the weekend. Hopefully I’ll hear from them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might have to do that tomorrow.

I cleaned up the surfaces and while it helped, it didn’t make a difference.

One thing I noticed right away today is that the housing has TTX embossed onto it. Why would they do that when it’s supposed to mate with the control arm? Which leads me to believe it isn’t supposed to go on the underside.

If you try to put it on the top, this is as far as it goes. The boot/housing interfere with the arm.

On Rock Auto, the stock photo makes it seem like the bolts should go through the bottom with the ball joint on top of the arm. This would eliminate the nuts wearing on the boot. But it doesn’t work that way.

No email from them yet since it’s the weekend. Hopefully I’ll hear from them.
Yeah nothing about that makes sense, the embossed lettering too. :shrug:I think when I called, they are in Canada.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah nothing about that makes sense, the embossed lettering too. :shrug:I think when I called, they are in Canada.
I might call them and talk through it over the phone tomorrow.

It’s very strange. Everything else I see from them is great. I can’t find any info on their upper ball joints for C trucks.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A longshot here, but maybe wrong part got put in TTX box? I’m guessing you’ve tried both.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A longshot here, but maybe wrong part got put in TTX box? I’m guessing you’ve tried both.
Yes I’ve tried both and they fit the same. I even thought maybe I received 7200lb GVWR ball joints but they are entirely different in design. Here are some photos comparing the one that came out (OE? MOOG?) to the TTX.

Attachments

• 260D7325-DDD4-47C0-A11D-7140C0668128.jpeg
    260D7325-DDD4-47C0-A11D-7140C0668128.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 309A3710-84BE-472B-8D1B-5BECF75D2128.jpeg
    309A3710-84BE-472B-8D1B-5BECF75D2128.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 344CC5DD-1E93-473A-A3C1-1FF80FE6986E.jpeg
    344CC5DD-1E93-473A-A3C1-1FF80FE6986E.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 610B1F23-AE26-4C78-8D6C-1436F3E48E95.jpeg
    610B1F23-AE26-4C78-8D6C-1436F3E48E95.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 8B33E334-8075-4B63-B153-D33B4CB594A0.jpeg
    8B33E334-8075-4B63-B153-D33B4CB594A0.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 10

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to sandwich the ball joint between the “cage” and the bottom of the control arm. Studs facing up.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to sandwich the ball joint between the “cage” and the bottom of the control arm. Studs facing up.
Can’t do that either. The cage rides on the boot. Had that thought too. I wonder if this even works on the arms they produce?