3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another snag. The Mevotech TTX upper ball joints do not fit. The body of the ball joint hits the control arm which makes the bolt holes not line up on the underside.
You must be registered for see images attach

Photo above, note how the body is completely touching the arm and the holes do not align.

Same thing on the other side.

With the “cage” (not sure what to call it) on top and the ball joint on the underside it is such a tight fit that the body bites into the arm. Also, the nuts will make contact with the boot, tearing it.

Looks good from up top, though.

The ball joint can’t go on the upper side of the control arm, it just wont fit right. I tried that and this way is the only one that is remotely close. I am going to clean up the mating surfaces before giving in. I realize that might be part of the issue.

I am going to email Mevotech and will share there response here.

There is one other possibility, I am stupid and overlooked something.

Advice?

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SNCTMPL and @Caman96 I tried that, it fits even worse unfortunately. Also, the one I removed was on the bottom of the arm. It seems like the K trucks get the ball joint on top but the C trucks have them on the underside.

Edit: I had to step away but will be back later tonight. Going to grab a photo of putting the joint on the top.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I emailed Mevotech with my issue. As far as I know these arms are original. Perhaps when the front end was done they bought loaded Moog arms and they are different than stock? I don’t see any Moog part numbers or markings on them. I’ll take a closer look.