3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate the sentiment. I know I’ve had that thought a few times while checking out your 454 thread. I try not to comment since it’s pretty out of my scope but I always check for updates.

There are a few snap-on tools that I have and they’re worth the price. Sometimes for stuff like that it’s hard to justify, kind of the same for Milwaukee. Good lord they’ve gotten expensive. Thanks for sharing the link! My dad has tons of snap on products and they are great.

I had actually looked at that one! I like IR products. Again, my dad has an IR air impact and it has taken a beating but still works great. I’ll have to see how much they usually run for.

I’ll confess I was going to get HF’s Chief air hammer after the Torque Test Channel on YT had really high praise for it even comparing it to other brands like IR, Mac, and Snappy.
Nothing wrong with buy HF as long as you do a bit of research. I do the same with 90% of the time. I have a bunch of "professional quality" tools and most of them have come from Craigslist, farcebook and evilbay.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Gotta say.. many years ago I bought the Husky air hammer because it was easily available and didn't cost a fortune. It's held up pretty well. The chisels that come with it are made outta butter, though. I'm sure the product has changed and have no idea if their current offerings are worth a look.

Just peeked at HD's website and their regular one is $45.. the IR they offer is $55 and has a quick change head. Hell I'd spend the $10 more for that feature alone.

Richard

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my poly bushings installed in the sleeves today. Is it worth adding grease zirks to the sleeves once they are installed in the LCA? I want to have the option to grease them if needed.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get red or black poly bushings? The black are graphite impregnated and don’t usually squeak.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get red or black poly bushings? The black are graphite impregnated and don’t usually squeak.
I got black, I did read that they didn’t squeak as much. I also didn’t like the red, so I went with the black for that reason as well.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got black, I did read that they didn’t squeak as much. I also didn’t like the red, so I went with the black for that reason as well.
In that case I would keep going with the project. Should be easy enough to add them later. :cool:
It’ll give you time decide on either hammer in fittings or thread in.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that case I would keep going with the project. Should be easy enough to add them later. :cool:
It’ll give you time decide on either hammer in fittings or thread in.
I didn’t even know they had different styles. Definitely will research.

The upper bushings are being stubborn. The parts store outer sleeves are great. No issue. The inner sleeves are too small diameter wise to fit the poly. The outer “cups” that press onto the inner sleeve ends do not work with the OE sleeve. They are too thick to press in and the inner diameter is larger than stock. Can’t trim anything off to get them to fit otherwise they’ll be paper thin. So I’m going to order some AC Delco tonight and give them a shot. I’ll have to take some comparison photos.

I truly like Rock Auto as they have AC Delco parts. I remember when I could still get some of that from the local parts stores. It was slim pickins then, though. I just want to drive 15 minutes and have good parts.