3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recall similar situation in another thread and he couldn’t get them in until they were seated. Wouldn’t hurt to try first as @Orpedcrow mentioned. Are you going to run those ball joints first or replace with new ones?

Last edited:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recall similar situation in another thread and he couldn’t get them in until they were seated. Wouldn’t hurt to try first as @Orpedcrow mentioned. Are you going to run those ball joints first or replace with new ones?
I am going to use the TTX ball joints. I’ll bag/box these and save them for later.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These new bushings are not coming out. I can’t get them to burn out or get them loose with a drill. I’m out of ideas. Tried using the press just a little bit but still nothing.

If I had left everything as rubber I probably would have been done with this side and on to the next by now. Very frustrated tonight.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A break has been taken, haha. I’m going to try again tomorrow. I’m not settling for rubber.

I guess that Mevotech rubber is really strong. The house brand stuff came right out after a couple minutes of heat.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I might run and pick up an air hammer and a set of attachments tomorrow. I might be able to beat the center sleeve out and then cut through the rubber. Worth a shot and would be a nice tool to have in the arsenal.