3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I might run and pick up an air hammer and a set of attachments tomorrow. I might be able to beat the center sleeve out and then cut through the rubber. Worth a shot and would be a nice tool to have in the arsenal.
Buy a good one, don't settle. That is a tool that you get what you pay for.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These bushings have me beat. Can’t get them. So what I am going to do is this:
1. Remove the rubber from the new bushings I bought previously.
2. Install the poly into the fresh sleeves.
3. Take the bushings and control arms to the dealer and have them deal with it.

I called the dealer and they said no problem. I’ll drop them off Monday and they will call me when they are done.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ve had this one for about 15 years and still have no reason to replace it. It’s cut a bunch of frame rivets, I’ve used it on garbage trucks, I’ve destroyed multiple chisel tips, it’s taken off MANY 1-1/2” to 2-1/2” hydraulic fittings. it’s a beast.

Ball joints fall out when they see me walking back to the box to get it cause they know it’s over for them :jester:

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I’ve had this one for about 15 years and still have no reason to replace it. It’s cut a bunch of frame rivets, I’ve used it on garbage trucks, I’ve destroyed multiple chisel tips, it’s taken off MANY 1-1/2” to 2-1/2” hydraulic fittings. it’s a beast.

Ball joints fall out when they see me walking back to the box to get it cause they know it’s over for them :jester:
This is mine. I don't recommend spending Snap On money like I did but I can certainly tell you that my old Craftsman certainly wasn't anything like this.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is mine. I don't recommend spending Snap On money like I did but I can certainly tell you that my old Craftsman certainly wasn't anything like this.
Oh yea, I’ve heard those were pretty killer too. I think that Snapon and the big IR are usually at the top of most lists.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s like they wrote this song about bushings.

“Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on...
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on
Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill
Those of your needs that you won't let show
You just call on me brother when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on...
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on
You just call on me brother
When you need a hand
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me” :Rock on:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In times like this i wished we lived in the same town.
We would have them bushings changed!
I appreciate the sentiment. I know I’ve had that thought a few times while checking out your 454 thread. I try not to comment since it’s pretty out of my scope but I always check for updates.
There are a few snap-on tools that I have and they’re worth the price. Sometimes for stuff like that it’s hard to justify, kind of the same for Milwaukee. Good lord they’ve gotten expensive. Thanks for sharing the link! My dad has tons of snap on products and they are great.

I had actually looked at that one! I like IR products. Again, my dad has an IR air impact and it has taken a beating but still works great. I’ll have to see how much they usually run for.

I’ll confess I was going to get HF’s Chief air hammer after the Torque Test Channel on YT had really high praise for it even comparing it to other brands like IR, Mac, and Snappy.