3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went and picked up paint for the grille filler panel over lunch today. I always try to get good quality paint and the shop I buy from always gives me great advice. So far everything has always turned out great - like my valve covers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went and picked up paint for the grille filler panel over lunch today. I always try to get good quality paint and the shop I buy from always gives me great advice. So far everything has always turned out great - like my valve covers.
The grilles in the background is a nice touch to this photo

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just getting caught up....love the progress, and the grills on the wall! I just parked all 3 of my 400's next to each other to confirm my thinking before I start swapping a nice chrome grill on a loaded chevy suburban over to the gray fleet grill. I seem to really like the standard GMC grills on their pickups, but prefer the w/t grill on the Chevy pickups and both suburbans. I want to see it on the suburban before deciding on the upcoming color change. I need to decide what color body goes with both the gray plastic grill and a tan interior.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The grilles in the background is a nice touch to this photo
I should’ve included the classy pile of parts on the ground. It’s
Just getting caught up....love the progress, and the grills on the wall! I just parked all 3 of my 400's next to each other to confirm my thinking before I start swapping a nice chrome grill on a loaded chevy suburban over to the gray fleet grill. I seem to really like the standard GMC grills on their pickups, but prefer the w/t grill on the Chevy pickups and both suburbans. I want to see it on the suburban before deciding on the upcoming color change. I need to decide what color body goes with both the gray plastic grill and a tan interior.
I am a big fan of the W/T grilles. I am debating between an 88-93 Silverado grille or a W/T grille for my ‘94 Silverado. As far as body colors, red seems to look the best with W/T fronts, IMO. The contrast looks good. I too really like the GMC grilles, but the 88-93 is my preference.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I’m waiting for the control arms I focused on the exterior. First two coats of paint are on the bumper filler panel. I also smoke wrapped the side markers.

Here they are both done. They need to be cleaned, as there are some minor imperfections on them.

In this photo the left one is tinted and the right is not. Not much difference. Again, the one that is covered needs cleaned. That’s not a giant air bubble.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad news. I bent the ears on the drivers lower control arm trying to press in the new sleeves. I’m calling it quits for the night. Ordering two new Mevotech loaded control arms. Will burn out the bushings and install the new poly. Earliest I’ll get the arms is next Monday. I won’t throw this one out.

F-ing moron.
Quit whining, grab a big hammer and a chunk of steel and straighten that out yourself. Rest that bushing on the anvil end of your bench vise and hammer the ear back into place. If you're worried about the integrity when you're done, box the arm.

Anyways, that's what I'd do.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quit whining, grab a big hammer and a chunk of steel and straighten that out yourself. Rest that bushing on the anvil end of your bench vise and hammer the ear back into place. If you're worried about the integrity when you're done, box the arm.

Anyways, that's what I'd do.
I get it. Not meaning to whine. Just been hitting snags on the front end. Already have two new ones on the way so I’ll be saving the originals. My plan was to take measurements of the non-bent one and try and get this one back into spec. Appreciate the motivation, Erik.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I get it. Not meaning to whine. Just been hitting snags on the front end. Already have two new ones on the way so I’ll be saving the originals. My plan was to take measurements of the non-bent one and try and get this one back into spec. Appreciate the motivation, Erik.
I may or may not have deformed mine a touch pressing new bushings in as well. 3lb maul and two blocks of oak straightened it right back out.