3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started it up and let it get warm, checked for leaks, found none. Topped off transmission and PS fluid. So far so good. Need to get it aligned. Still off a smidge more than expected. The good news is that I’ve got plenty of adjustment left on the tie rods so they should be able to get it squared away.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New exhaust is installed. Super 10 single in/out. 3” the whole way. More room now over the axle.
Had a small drop of ATF yesterday so I re-seated the flare and it went away. Or all the fluid leaked out already…
Alignment scheduled for today, wrong! They called and cancelled because the machine was down. Whatever, dude on the phone was telling me my adjusters were probably seized and it would take longer and cost more and that I should have someone drop me off. Nah, they aren’t seized and I’m waiting for it.
Found another place that will get me in at 7am tomorrow.
Monday I’m going back to ARS and they are going to re-seal the differential cover because it’s leaking. Yes I could do it, they touched it last and I don’t want to crawl on the ground. No charge they said.

Then I have to get it cleaned up for my trip down south for the show. I’m excited and nervous. It will be my first long jaunt with it since all the work has been done.

The PS pump and steering box feel good. Definitely heavier feeling than the Borgeson but even being out of alignment it feels tight! Once I get some miles on it I will be doing a full review of Turn One.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have achieved good alignment. Steering wheel is straight, toe is great, camber is spec’d where I want it, caster is off in its own little world it seems but ok.

Cruises straight. Hand off the wheel it will take you a good distance before you need to correct.

It seems WC Fab maxed out the adjustment on the drivers tie rod. The tech came to me and said such, and asked if he could cut the tie rods down to get more adjustment out of it. Go for it. $220 for the alignment and labor.

I’m happy! We will see what the trip brings on I39. Voted by me the second worst interstate in IL, beat only by I80.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have achieved good alignment. Steering wheel is straight, toe is great, camber is spec’d where I want it, caster is off in its own little world it seems but ok.

Cruises straight. Hand off the wheel it will take you a good distance before you need to correct.

It seems WC Fab maxed out the adjustment on the drivers tie rod. The tech came to me and said such, and asked if he could cut the tie rods down to get more adjustment out of it. Go for it. $220 for the alignment and labor.

I’m happy! We will see what the trip brings on I39. Voted by me the second worst interstate in IL, beat only by I80.
That’s good to hear and so far the Turn One parts are good.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More miles today. Still some play in the steering unrelated to the alignment. I think it is mostly from the column bearing and upper shaft. I can turn the wheel slightly but the input shaft receives less input than what I am applying to the wheel. Those are the only two things I have not replaced.

Ordered an upper shaft from Cunningham and a Wolff Engineering column bearing.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Orpedcrow did you install one? I saw a thread from a year back saying you were looking at one.

From what I’ve seen it looks pretty straightforward.

I also feel every bump with this tire/wheel combo, so I get a lot of road feedback anyways. Maybe I’m being too picky.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Orpedcrow did you install one? I saw a thread from a year back saying you were looking at one.

I also feel every bump with this tire/wheel combo, so I get a lot of road feedback anyways. Maybe I’m being too picky.
From what I’m reading, the Wolff bearing eliminates steering wheel play, not while turning the wheel, like movement in column up/down/left or right. But it might help with some road feel.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did! It was pretty straightforward. I already had the column out but it’s not bad anyway.

Post in thread 'Teal daily driven farm truck.'
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/teal-daily-driven-farm-truck.59676/post-1303109

Last edited:

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I’m reading, the Wolff bearing eliminates steering wheel play, not while turning the wheel, like movement in column up/down/left or right. But it might help with some road feel.
For sure, I’ve got some of that too. Might as well do it while I’m in there. In other news I had been dealing with a squeak that had gotten worse over the past two days.

You must be registered for see images attach

Leaf spring bushing has started to work its way out of the spring eye. Both sides are like this. I looked at old photos and they were flush when I installed them. I’ll have to see what these were. I think they were Mevotech. Guess some of their stuff is not that great.