3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The TBIs have a “regular” stamped steel front cover don’t they?
Yes they do. The cover appears fine. I snapped this photo and it looks like the front seal. Thankfully there are harder jobs. Gonna try and shoehorn this repair in before 8/29.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a new balancer? Might need one of those repair sleeves if not.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering if some oil is working its way up the key way and out. I put RTV on the key itself but didn’t apply a layer to the balancer.

I can’t stand oil leaks and can already see it flinging around to the chassis! It is cheap enough and not time consuming to disassemble it and inspect everything.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, recap of today:
Replaced PS pump with the Turn One rebuild
Replaced Borgeson with the Turn One rebuild
Replaced pitman arm
Replaced center link
Ready for alignment on Monday, and she needs it. She is way out of spec now for whatever reason. Steering shaft and pitman arm are indexed correctly. Have to hold the wheel at about 9:00 to go down the road. They’ll get it figured out.

Also had me a cool beverage or 12. Tomorrow I’m gonna start on the ARE bed cover. It’s fiberglass, how bad can it nickel and dime me?

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First photo shows the steering wheel position while the front wheels are straight. Second photo shows the pitman arm parallel with the frame. Steering shaft was installed with the set screw on the bottom of the input shaft. This seems way too far off for a pitman and center link change.

The new box was clocked, put the pitman arm on, installed the box, center link, tightened everything down.. maybe this is normal but it seems incorrect to me.

Attachments

• IMG_9712.jpeg
    IMG_9712.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9713.jpeg
    IMG_9713.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 7