2006 Tahoe Z71-70k miles-Looking at today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The 2006 Z71 seller has recontacted me and asked if I would go $12k. I said NO. The most I would go is $10k for that 71k miles 2006 Z71, that looks just like mine. Same paint color too.

I did road test the 2004 K2500HD Silverado pickup. Crew cab and short bed. Immaculate inside and out. The problems were as listed: All tires down to wear bar indicators, oil cooler lines leaking and transmission cooler lines leaking-badly, transfer case to transmission gasket leaking and transfer case output shaft seal leaking. All p/s lines/hoses leaking and so is the hydro-boost assembly. Valve cover gaskets leaking.

Also, as I drove it and felt it and handled the longer wheelbase, I realized something. I did not really need or want a truck. I am not pulling trailers or anything else. I am not hauling engines or large parts around. I have my Tahoe that is actually in better shape than the truck is. I have absolutely no leaks and am at 164k miles. Leaks are a pet peeve of mine. I fix them asap. Handles like a dream with the Hellwig bars, front and rear. PCM tuned by Black Bear Performance. Looks great inside and out. If we need a truck, we got my girls 1990 K2500. I wanted that truck for the wrong reasons. It was showroom floor looks perfect but mechanically the leaks and tires are a big NO, for the $18k asking price. I was gonna start at the "good guy military discount" of $17k and I priced a set of Cooper tires and all the Genuine GM parts and figured in my labor and told him the best I could do was $13k. I said I did not want to make the dad of my shop owner friend mad but that is what I see the value at. He thanked me and said no and actually knew of the hydro-boost leaks but none of the other except for tires. I told him that if he did not want the CL ad crazy people to deal with, I would sell it for him. He is likely gonna have me do that.

I am still gonna work on that 2006 Tahoe Z71.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: