2006 Tahoe Z71-70k miles-Looking at today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You know, if you have decided against the $15K > $18K truck, and would like to
encourage the seller to go for even greater success, forward him that link and see
what happens...

;-)
Personally, I cannot agree with his selling methods, so I hope he sits on that Tahoe of his for a long time. I offered $9k and would have likely went as high as $10k but he is crooked. I really wanted some paperwork and it always p*i*s*s*e*s* me off when people say it is in "excellent condition" and have no idea what condition it is in. In my book, he is a thief and if there was a way for me to let people looking at his ad know that he is a crook, I would.

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I cannot agree with his selling methods, so I hope he sits on that Tahoe of his for a long time. I offered $9k and would have likely went as high as $10k but he is crooked. I really wanted some paperwork and it always ****** me off when people say it is in "excellent condition" and have no idea what condition it is in. In my book, he is a thief and if there was a way for me to let people looking at his ad know that he is a crook, I would.
Sounds like you should definitely forward the link to him then. This way no matter how much he
actually sells it for, he will be disappointed that it didn't go for more. People like that seller can be
fun to work with, for they are pretty easily figured out and you can color their perspective on stuff
from a distance.

Reminds me of the time when the owner of a minty red Porsche 928 was giving me some of his overt
Alpha car owner attitude while we were refilling our respective rides. So I innocently feigned ignorance
and asked him if his 928 was a German Pacer? This question really seemed to sink his battleship...especially
coming from a guy piloting a well-used Signal Orange '78 Fiesta 1 car payment commuter car. :)

I refuse to get mad over vehicles. Life is too short, and getting shorter. Anything having to do with
cars & trucks should always include a fully developed sense of humor. You gotta save the serious stuff
for things that really matter.

Best of luck finding that extra clean ride for the right price --

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am still working on a very beautiful 2004 2500HD 4x4, crew cab short bed with black leather interior. It quite literally has not a scratch on it and no dents. It is as I said, beautiful. Has 117k miles and there is extensive maintenance and repair records and I know was done right because the man's son is my shop owner friend that I have worked at his shop at times. No vehicle leaves his shop unless it is right.

The owner wants $18k but the son said I can get a "military discount" of $17k. The wait is from the seller. He has to find a replacement truck before he sells. He is looking for a GMT800 K1500 or C1500 with ext cab and not crew cab and short bed. 130k miles or less.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I am still working on a very beautiful 2004 2500HD 4x4, crew cab short bed with black leather interior. It quite literally has not a scratch on it and no dents. It is as I said, beautiful. Has 117k miles and there is extensive maintenance and repair records and I know was done right because the man's son is my shop owner friend that I have worked at his shop at times. No vehicle leaves his shop unless it is right.
If y'all can make the $$ work out, that's the one I would go for, in your situation. Buddy of mine who has several custom and classic cars, says "always start with the best one, then you're not having to do as much to it".

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have a link on the Tahoe that you passed on? I'd like to have a little bit of fun with him.

Edit
Ding a Ling here somehow missed it in the 1st post...
Have fun, by all means. I would love to have it at $9k and do all the maintenance and replace the water pump. Then I would swap over my Hellwig bars, front and rear, and tires/wheels, before I sell my 2005 Z71.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The owner wants $18k but the son said I can get a "military discount" of $17k. The wait is from the seller. He has to find a replacement truck before he sells. He is looking for a GMT800 K1500 or C1500 with ext cab and not crew cab and short bed. 130k miles or less.

sounds like your search is over, hope it works out.
Chev or the faster and better looking GMC?