1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought about that, thanks! I'm sure I have some too, left over from my Hayabusa and Triumph.
Good for hood springs,hood latches and tailgate latches.
I'm using Blendzall #500 racing chain lube leftover from my kart racing days. Seems that can will never run empty.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got under the truck and replaced the broken plastic brake line retaining clips with metal ones, on the front cross member. Also fixed the wire to the knock sensor. Apparently someone had replaced the connector at one time, and the wires were spliced with a small wire nut. :rolleyes:

When that was done, I decided that the warped front license plate bracket had to go. Then I polished up the bumper where it used to be. I think it looks much better now.

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got under the truck and replaced the broken plastic brake line retaining clips with metal ones, on the front cross member. Also fixed the wire to the knock sensor. Apparently someone had replaced the connector at one time, and the wires were spliced with a small wire nut. :rolleyes:

When that was done, I decided that the warped front license plate bracket had to go. Then I polished up the bumper where it used to be. I think it looks much better now.
Yeah those front tag brackets are butt ugly. Your bumper is different than mine. When I removed the tag bracket it left two notches in the impact strip where the two upper bolts mounted it to the bumper.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah those front tag brackets are butt ugly. Your bumper is different than mine. When I removed the tag bracket it left two notches in the impact strip where the two upper bolts mounted it to the bumper.
Mine probably was different plus it was warped a little, so it stuck out about 1/2" from the impact strip. The only bolts holding it one were 2 at the bottom and unless you look at the bottom area under the bumper, you don't see them. Maybe this one was an aftermarket bracket?

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I went out and tinkered with the truck a little tonight. Got the missing seat bolt in on the passenger side. ZIP tied up the fuel line nightmare at the filter (really need to replace the feed line from the tank to the throttle body), put the front splash shield in the right wheel well (junk yard score), and let the front back down off the jack stands.

I have an appointment next Thursday for an alignment at the shop that did a great job on my Suburban, after I rebuilt the front end on it. They are a little concerned with getting it on the alignment rack, since it's lowered.

Sorry, no pictures tonight. I didn't want to show off the hack job at my fuel filter...

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fiddle fart'n around in the garage tonight, I put some gear oil in the rear differential (took about 1/2 quart), then reajusted the left tail pipe. Yes, my pinion seal still leaks. It's on my list of things to do...

I wasn't happy with the angle of the left tail pipe, so I shortened the mounting point to the frame on the tail pipe hanger bracket, shortened the hanger itself, and readjusted the pipe. Looks much better now, but after I got the wheel back on and the truck on the ground, I realized that I might have gone just a bit too far. Now it has too much angle, but it's much bettter than it was. Next time I get the back end up in the air, I'll take out about half of what I did.

No pictures tonight...