1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck out to run some errands tonight. Ended up going over to one of my Buick buddy's place for a couple hours to shoot the ****. He told me he used to have a 93 extended cab and really missed it. Best truck he had to date.

This thing runs and drives great! I think I found the limitations of the suspension though, on a street that has a hump in the intersection. I forgot all about that and gassed it when the light turned yellow. There was a little tire scrape noise when the suspension compressed on the other side of the intersection. When I got home and pulled in the garage, I looked it over and could not find any evidence of what scraped or where. Maybe it was the plastic storage box in the bed getting airborne...

I'm looking forward to the 100-mile round trip to the alignment place on Thursday. I haven't been able to cruise this thing over 65 MPH yet. There is about a 15-mile stretch of I75 that I take on the way to the office every day, that I'll be taking on Thursday morning. The speed limit is 70 "MPH" (for the Canadians in the crowd) on that stretch, so we'll see if there are any drive line vibrations from the flip kit.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the alignment done today. Also did about 130 miles round trip. Truck seems to drive a bit better then before. I asked them to leave a little bit of negative camber in the front wheels and use the stock specs on the caster and toe. That's exactly what they did. This is a family run shop, that did a really good job on my 2004 Suburban 2500's alignment, a few years ago. It was one of the few shops around at the time that had an alignment rack that could handle the weight of that thing. They advised me to replace the pitman and idler arms on this truck, when I got a chance. There is a little play in them.

Here's a picture of the truck in the parking lot at the office...

You must be registered for see images attach

This thing runs at about 210-220 degrees sitting in stop and go traffic with the AC blasting. Around 205 cruising along at any RPM. No shakes or weird vibrations at 70-75 MPH either! This was by far the most miles I put on it in 1 day.

It did, however, stall on me when I was just about home, while coasting to a stop, at a traffic light. It fired right back up though and didn't do it again... strange.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that truck is just flat out SEXY!!!!! and cool!!! :cool:

So no vibrations from the flip kit? Also thanks for the info on how you wanted the front end specs done, great info, I will use this when mine goes on the rack sometime here shortly, as the place I will use is a family owned and operated business as well.

It did, however, stall on me when I was just about home, while coasting to a stop, at a traffic light. It fired right back up though and didn't do it again... strange.
Just a thought, mine did that as well, my fuel in tank was under a quarter tank, maybe fuel rapidly moving forward away from screen for pump?, not sure how the bottom of these tank are, is there a bath tub type indentation stamped in the tank where the pick up screen is? if the tank is flat and screen is barely touching bottom of tank and fuel moving away from pick up point rapidly causing a somewhat "air gap" in fuel delivery, stalling engine, then fuel in tank returning to "normal" level at the time you restarted engine and fuel was supplied again with no "air gap"? Just crazy thinking out loud!

Glad you really got to stretch its legs out!!! Gotta fell good, also love the delete of front plate holder, the attitude of the truck is just killer!!! Your hard work really shows itself in the truck!!!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments!
Damn,That's a good looking truck! I'm a sucker for saphire blue metallic.
Yeah,I like a little negative caster too. I corner hard and like to think that negative caster is planting the tires better.
Yeah, I had read in another post hear that the stock spec was like 1 degree of positive camber, and one should really have just a little negative camber. Positive caster is what you want for better stability. That puts the upper ball joint behind the spindle.
Awesome! Have you tested the high speed ability yet since the alignment?
The highest I got to was 75 MPH. Felt just like any other modern car at that speed. Nothing alarming.
Just a thought, mine did that as well, my fuel in tank was under a quarter tank, maybe fuel rapidly moving forward away from screen for pump?, not sure how the bottom of these tank are, is there a bath tub type indentation stamped in the tank where the pick up screen is? if the tank is flat and screen is barely touching bottom of tank and fuel moving away from pick up point rapidly causing a somewhat "air gap" in fuel delivery, stalling engine, then fuel in tank returning to "normal" level at the time you restarted engine and fuel was supplied again with no "air gap"? Just crazy thinking out loud!

Glad you really got to stretch its legs out!!! Gotta fell good, also love the delete of front plate holder, the attitude of the truck is just killer!!! Your hard work really shows itself in the truck!!!

I didn't think about that. Thanks for the thought! I'm pretty sure that it's down to 1/4 tank or less now.