Work truck suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I went and made it even more of base model (More base then they ever came).

Thumbs up for your transmission choice. If you keep the fluid changed out
(even on an infrequent basis) ...normally the only real ongoing maintenance cost
is a clutch kit every decade or so and a case of beer. (The beer is for your buddy
that helps you R&R the tranny. :0)

And I find the task of strategizing my gear selection vs the job at hand adds to the
experience behind the wheel. I understand that most people disagree with this, but
I'm at peace with that. And the 8-ball shift knob is a nice touch - brings back a lot of
memories. (Normally the coolest rides had the 8-ball on the shifter and a hula girl on
the dash.)

EDIT: And a nice side benefit is that a stickshift is a visual deterrent for the I-can't-clutch
clowns that might otherwise feel entitled to take your 'burb. But for fellow enthusiasts
in the know a glance into the interior and this immediately elevates your ride to the next level.

:waytogo:

Last edited: