Which Optima battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I use the Recommended Walmart batteries in mine ... No problems at all !!!
However, I would seriously recommend that you add that second battery on the driver's side under the hood !!!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Been there ... done that ... LOL

My buddy at work swears by the Walmart batteries. He runs one of the deep cycle, yellow Maxx's in everything. I think they may actually be a marine battery but they seem to be pretty good.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, no love of OE Delco Batteries? Do they still make the Delco Freedom anymore? When I bought my truck in '09 it still had an AC Delco Freedom battery in it. Was turning over a bit slow in winter, so I replaced it. Probably should have gotten another AC Delco honestly, this one looked pretty old, judging by the decals.

I'd never put a Motorcraft battery in my GMC (just not correct), but when I bought my '94 Town Car in '07, it had the original Motorcraft battery replaced right before I got it. The guy kept it in case the new owner would like it. Date stamped 3/94, IIRC. That's damn impressive. I think I have a Autocraft or something in there now, going on 4 years old. I'll likely replace it sometime this winter, as it's only putting out 440CCA's, vs. the 650 it's rated for. Better replace it before I'm stuck somewhere.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I've got a 34/78 in my '92 from Advance, checkout online for instore pickup and use coupon code ES123, $30 off. Thats what I did. Its been in the 92 since day one. I have my radio hard wired (PO had f'ed up the wiring, didn't feel like going through the hassle of fixing all the stock wiring), and early on I had a tendency to get a phone call when I was almost home, turn the radio down, and get out of the truck and leave it on. On the same circuit is my 400W pioneer amp for the 10" under the backseat. There was no volume of course, but I once left that radio and amp running for over 2 days. Truck cranked right up.

This past summer especially I would frequently go 2-3 weeks without cranking the truck, it would fire up no problem every time.

sthomasII

Reaction score
im runnin yellow tops in all my rides, the 96 hoe,01 burb and my 07 have had no issues what so ever.

im currently debating going with kinetik batteries for the hoe to help with the power of the amps i have 2 batteries hooked up now but they're pretty small though they work fine when the system is pounding im noticing alot of juice being used.