Which Optima battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I leave my yellow-top duralast with my headlights on for less than 3 hours....completely dead, a 20 minute jump off job.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Optima quality is hit or miss, so why buy one? You'd be better off buying a cheap 34/78 (side and top post) from walmart or vatozone.

But to answer your question; yellows are a typical batt, reds are heavy duty, and blues are heavy duty/deep cycle.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
ive always used auto crafts from advance auto but got tired of it taking a dump on me every 2 or 3 years, so i decided to go with a duralast gold and payed extra and got 8 year warranty so hopefully itll be better than past batteries its what is in my moms care and its been a better battery than auto craft.

Last edited:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
ive always used auto crafts from auto zone but got tired of it taking a dump on me every 2 or 3 years, so i decided to go with a duralast gold and payed extra and got 8 year warranty so hopefully itll be better than past batteries its what is in my moms care and its been a better battery than auto craft.

I wonder if mine is under warranty. It's only 2 years old.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I wonder if mine is under warranty. It's only 2 years old.

depends on which one u got... they had 2 duralast golds when i got mine one was like 70 with 2 year warranty and 115 for 8 year warranty if i remember correctly. they should be able to look it up in the comp if you dont remember.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd get a MTP-78dt from interstate. Its a side/top post 800 cca 1000ca and 6 year warranty. I have Interstate in my wifes explorer with no issues. I have seen to many duradontlast batteries come in and be junk. Advance Auto's batteries are ok depending on which one you get.
If you know somebody that works for a shop you can probaly get an interstate cheaper then any other battery. I get mine at cost and have had no issues with any.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get the highest rated store brand batteries.
I use the Recommended Walmart batteries in mine ... No problems at all !!!
However, I would seriously recommend that you add that second battery on the driver's side under the hood !!!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I can believe it. My friend with an s10 parked in a field once with a girl. Needless to say, the truck was off and the radio was on for over 8 hours. And it started right up.

Been there ... done that ... LOL